Late flower Thirp infestation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ChabaBuds, Aug 1, 2017.

1. So I'm at week 7 flower and just noticed I have a Thirp infestation. I see all the tell-tale [​IMG][​IMG]spit like markings and the little fuckers running underneath a few of my leafs. It's not to the point where I'm losing leaves, but just wondering if I should let them finish up without dealing with them or if I should purchase some sort of (hopefully organic) insecticide? Also, if I let them be, will I have a problem with them being in the dried buds?! My grow journal is below.

Indoor LED/CFL SCROG Grow - GG#4 & Skywalker x Grateful Breath

Indoor LED/CFL SCROG Grow - GG#4 & Skywalker x Grateful Breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Anyone?

3. If u have at least 2 weeks left you can use Jack dead bugs brew. If you don't then I'd let em be

4. these bugs will fuck you in the ass over night ! or in a few days . you only have a few and 2 or 3 days later you have 1 million and 3 days later 100 million !!!!!! . ok crank up the dehumidifier . and get some olive oil 1/4 cup of olive oil in 1 gallon of warm water . and 6 teaspoons of dish soap dawn . shake it up keep shaking it up . as soon as the lights turn on i mean with in 1 minute you need to go into the tent and spray this solution onto the leaves . dehumidifier is to prevent mold in late flower . and run the fans 24/7 keep running them . these or any bugs hate this solution it will kill them and slow them down . doing nothing you could be screwed !! 2 more weeks is impossible doing nothing . you will NOT taste this solution when smoking .

5. why i suggest spraying as soon as the lights turn on the bugs will be on top of the leafs at night . and go to the bottoms during the day .

6. DO NOT spray anything with the lights on. Especially with a led. You will burn ur plant. Spray when the lights go off. I had a thrip problem my last grow about 4 weeks before cutting down. Did one treatment of jacks dead bug and they were all dead. Spinosoad is a great all natural bug killer. Just spray the whole plant with the lights off and that's the last you'll see of em

7. Ok awesome. And this won't affect taste or smell this late in flower? I'll be most likely harvesting in about a week and a half

8. I have zero taste or anything on my buds when I did it 4 weeks out. I run my autos 24/7 but killed the lights for 6 hours and sprayed them. About 5 hours later they all dried. Make sure to spray the soil as well (don't soak the soil)

9. Thanks a ton man you definitely made me feel better about an infestation this late in flower

• Like Like x 1
  10. i guess some led will burn plants . news to me . i did mine under led and it was a 1200 watt sitting about 1.5 feet away from the plants and spray then under hps and mh . but again all led are different . anything could happen . just make sure you run those fans what ever you decide to do .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Perfect just picked up some Spino and will give her a spray before lights out

• Like Like x 1