last weeks of flowering

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by GoldenSmoke420, May 29, 2010.

1. Greetings all,

I am in the eighth going on nine weeks of a strain known to be ripe by nine weeks. My problem is that my tops are still a bit fluffy and I was wondering if there was an old trick to getting them to dense up and stack on some weight?? I did have some trouble with stale air and semi-poor ventilation. ( I am trying my best to be safe) anyhow, technicaly they are due to be done but I can tell they won't weigh much :( about 25 percent of the hairs are amber to red and the crystals are at the max I think. Any help from a fellow sessioner would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Goldensmoke420

2. Hi...

The best way to know if your girls are ready is to look at the trichomes with somehting that is about a 20X magnification. Depending on the high your looking for, you would want around half of the trichomes to be clowdy and the other half to be a light amber in color. I'm not talking about the hairs or sugar (crystals on leaves), but the actual trichomes.

Rumpleforeskin has a great tutorial located here . Browse/search the Harvest & Curing forum for pictures of trichomes.

Knowing that 9 weeks for flower is a good starting point, but other variables can cause this to be longer.

Good Luck

3. Thanks for the info!

Is there a way to pack on more weight in the last remaining weeks???

4. Personally, I use GH KoolBloom (liquid in the first half and powder during the last half) during flowering to add the additional nutriennts, but I'm note sure if it is already too late, depending on how close the plant is forharvest.

Good Luck!

5. more light

6. Thank you both!

It is a bit late for added nutes on the big 6 as I call them as I have already started the flush cycle, but I have several others in other stages so I will look into those powdered and liquid ferts. I have changed my lights to a 13-11 cycle to help plump those babies up a bit. I will be patient and give them a little more time too but it is tough :) thanks again for the info guys. Cloudy trails......

7. BINGO !!!
    That is the best answer.

Were u using CFLs ?
    Loose, wispy buds are a commonality with CFLs.
    Potency is just as good as anything though.

:smoking:

8. hahahaha.

no offense but this is the first post ive seen of yours that you havent promoted your pest article.

9. Is there a problem with that ???

And what does it have to with buddys thread here ???

Do u know EVERYTHING about pests ???

Sorry OP.

;)

10. No, I am using a 1000 watt conversion setup. 400 mh in the veg area.... I thing they were choked a bit with not a lot of fresh air :( I could have been more aggressive with my bloom chem too. All things that I will remedy :) I am doing this strain called ''ilmatic'' and bubblegum :) just trying to get a little better every time. Thanks everyone for the info!! :)

11. NVM, you should have lots of light

I Used to use a 400 MH for veg ..but found a T5 bank with veg spectrum works better..it really is amazing, but that has nothing to do with density of buds at week 8+ , just passin along..

how many plants in what size of space, Golden ?