Last Thing You Philosophized About Stoned

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by anonymous911, Feb 13, 2009.

1. I had this really interesting theory about ghosts but i forgot it. =(

2. only problemo, the earth doesnt really "give off light" the way stars do. And talking about seeing light that was from millions of years ago and seeing dinosaurs on the planet a million years ago are two totally different things being that dinosaurs didnt give off light for there to be seen millions of years later. But that gives me another idea..damn i love this nug..

If you were to travel to that far away star and look at earth what would you actually see, there may be some light bouncing off the planet thats visible, but does it contain the images of the dinosaurs etc. Like, how detailed can the light that shines off into space be. Can you see whats going on on the earth or can you only see the light?:confused: thinking while high is amazing.:smoke:

3. Damn I was saying some crazy shit last night I wish I wouldve written it down so I could post it here :/

4. OK today this concept got really crazy when one of my professors actually mentioned it in class! We started talking about the solar system and light years and how when we see stars we're actually looking into the past and when you look at the sun you're looking at the sun 8 minutes ago... the sun could blow up and you won't know it for 8 minutes..

He said how crazy it would be if we could get a giant mirror out thousands of lightyears away and watch the earth change as it was created to how it is now.. could explain pangea or many other mysteries of the earth. I don't know if you could actually see people or animals though, that would be crazy detail.

I just think it's nuts how i just saw this idea on here last night and today one of my professors talked about it. :smoke:

5. ok before you guys say its stupid and shit i know it is- i just think its funny. it is actually my side of the discussion a friend and i had about time, and i remembered it the next time i got high so i typed it up.

\t \t Time is an ethereal, invisible, massless, force in and around everything in the universe (and perhaps outside of that). Time (keep in mind everything above you) depends for existence on the existence of matter. Now when I say matter, it essentially means everything because the non-tangible concepts, feelings and ideas existence depends on matter. Time is in matter, like kinetic energy. When the state of the containing matter changes in any way that can be measured, calculated, or perceived; the time transfers, with time in other matter. This chain reaction continues until detected by human senses or psyche. When a tree falls down in the woods, and nobody is there to here it, it still is proven to transfer energy to other matter. So therefore if a tree falls in the forest, and it is not perceived, time is still transferring.

6. i get the same feeling every time i smoke

i wish i were 5 again.

7. hahahahaha :D

Usually when I'm toe-up I ask for someone to give me a topic to think about, and then I write and draw cartoons of the topic in a notebook I have.

Over the summer I got about 50 DHL delivery boxes, tore them open and then got high and drew/wrote all over them, whatever came into my head.

More recently (probably about a month-ish now) I'd been drawing on my walls and ceiling, but that got tiresome.

These days I've been reading and thinking a lot about the philosophy of silence, so that's been on my mind a lot.

8. you might find it more constructive to consider the science of philosophy.

9. my bad, i just saw your post said silence not science.

10. hahah it's all good. I've bounced around various philosophies before, both sober and not sober, because philosophy & religion is a very interesting subject to me.

Pure Silence is an interesting concept because it can be mind-boggling yet very simple, and it makes the most sense of any religion or philosophy I've seen in a while, probably since I began reading heavily about Buddhism and Taoism.

but yes. I also like to read about the history of philosophy sometimes, although that can be very tedious.

11. I WATCHED A MOVIE AND IT WAS ABOUT THIS, i forgot the name though, it was quite good.