Last Thing You Philosophized About Stoned

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by anonymous911, Feb 13, 2009.

1. I've been thinking about the universe a lot, haha.

Sometimes when I'm stoned I stand outside just staring up at the stars forever.. thinking about how the earth is just a speck in the hugeee universe, and the Earth is so amazing down to the little plants, down to the bottom of the ocean.. if one little speck of the universe is this amazing, i don't think we can even comprehend how amazing the entire UNIVERSE is.. idk.. :smoke:

2. That if the Earth is really 100 million years old like scientists say, then WHY THE FUCK IS IT ONLY 2009???

What happened to the other 99,997,991 years?

Now I call BS on the 100 million year old thing.

3. I realized that everything in life is just a prediction, based on things that have happened in the past. We say "oh, well this happened like this before, so this must happen like this again."

It sounds kind of lame now, but at the time I thought I was fucking Aristotle or something.

4. me and my friend had a 30 minute discussion on randy moss's feelings and skills

5. last night I had like a 5 hour conversation with my roommates and this girl we know about everything from politics, to jobs, to school, to economics, to drug use, and whatever in between. unfortunately, I was blitzed out of my skull and can't remember what I actually said for shit.

6. haha yeah i understand

but it sounds like you're in need of a basement!

7. This. +rep for reading my mind.

8. I was on a walk and a UPS truck drove by. I started to contemplate about all the items on the truck... who they were going to, what the items were, who the people were and why they bought the item/s... and eventually I thought about stealing the truck because whatever was on there had to be worth something, right?

9. everybody has a dark side

10. I don't know if this fits as something I philosophized about, but just last night I was high and watching demetri martin laughing my ass off when I though about how my dog wasn't laughing at it. Then I pictured my dog just lifting her head and laughing loud as hell just like a human. It made me geek out for like 5 minutes

11. I was pulling out of a parking space in a very crowded parking lot, and some guy who was obviously looking for a spot went right past me because he was too busy arguing with his girlfriend about looking for a spot. The irony astounded me, and I had to pull over to think about how we all live life too fast, and we need to take it slow to find the things that are important to us

12. about society. like how the government wants everyone to be destracted from what really matters in life by making people obsessed about material objects. and that part of the reason that weed is illegal is because people can have these deep thoughts. it was way more in depth than that tho

13. You've GOT to be fucking kidding me. Have you ever heard of B.C.?

Jesus christ I'm sorry to say but that was the stupidest thing I've heard all fucking week.:p

14. i learned that you should try to do whatever you want, and to never compromise on jobs, love, or happiness, because you only live once, and id rather be dead under a bridge trying to do what i wanted, than on my deathbed, realizing ive wanted to do so much more

15. I guess we look at it differently. "B.C." refers to "Before Christ" and I like to put any religious references aside when philosophizing while I'm stoned.

And a quick search yielded scientists now estimating the earth's age at 4.5 billion years.

Why did it take so long for humans to live, and why did it take so long for them to finally start evolving with technology, etc.. think of cavemen, old time horse carriages instead of cars, plumbing - life before having what now is considered basic amenities.

Taking the original post of mine further, I've thought about how much different the world was like in the year 1900, and 1800, and even older than that.. in only 100 years the world changes a ridiculous amount due to technology, modernization, etc..

So what will happen in another 100 years? People our age will be laughing at things that we do now, saying "How could someone get by without [insert something crazy here like hover cars]?"

It's pretty crazy thinking about just how quickly this world is evolving.. We're going to burn ourselves out soon if countries still don't get along by the time someone makes a missile big enough to destroy half the earth. :eek: It's true though.

If the earth wouldn't even let dinosaurs to live forever on it, then there's nothing we can do to stop it from ridding us eventually.

16. I've always thought that maybe our dreams are our reality, and our reality is our dreams, and that everytime you go sleep you are actually waking up, if that makes any sense to any of you

17. Holy Fuck.
    The goverment should do that and see if jesus actually was here.

and they could know who murderded people.

and scientists would actually know how all the shit happened

wow sorry im super blazed sorry if that didnt make sense

18. Hahahaha I think we should make a new thread where you can only post when you're blazed and talk about crazy stuff like this.

^^^ That idea is trippy though haha.

19. YES!
    this trips me out a lot.
    it's craaazyyyy

20. dude i have this feeling everytime i smoke, it almost a bittersweet feeling, as if im still immature and trying to reach back to those days, but its actually sick because its like your 5 again and you dont notice all the bad shit. its going back to being naive.