Last questions before I start my grow

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by OG Yoda, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Okay, so I am worried I will not have enough lighting. Hopefully somebody here can tell me if this will be adequate enough for a stealth grown of about two maybe three plants.

My setup will be in a small cabinet maybe 3ft tall about 1 1/12 - 2ft width. In this little grow area I am thinkg about 4 23W CFL (2700K) and 4 23W CFL (6500K). Through veg. I will put up the 4 6500K bulbs with reflectors for 18/6 possibly 24/0. After about 8 weeks I will put up the 4 2700K bulbs and leave 2 6500K bulbs in and switch the lighting to 12/12.

So during veg will be just the 4 bulbs whereas I switch to 6 bulbs for Flowering. Would this work? Would I need a bigger grow area? Maybe 42W bulbs? Anything said is help so please feel free to share your knowledge :)

2. Those CFLs probably won't be adequate lighting. Also I don't think you will be able to fit three plants inside that size of a cabinet. I would just grow one plant in there and train it really well to fill the space.

I tried starting a plant with about the same lighting as you have, and my plant grew, it just didn't grow very fast and was very dwarfed. I ended up moving that light setup over to my freshly popped seedlings and getting a T5 for my veg area.

3. Should I look at upping the Watts? Or what? Cause im kinda on a tight budget. Im looking for a cheap route, but not too cheap to ruin everything.