Last of the Buggati Veyron Line!?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by angusbeef, Aug 8, 2012.

1. None of us have, Calm down.

2. #42 xpixiex, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Yeah it's ugly, but it's more of a status car than anything else. It's why people buy all the latest fashion, the latest watches, the latest purses or suits or shoes. It defines what class you are in or which you wish to be in.

If I did own this car, I'd probably only drive it once a year due to its ugly nature.

3. I bet half of the people that own veyrons cant drive for shit.

4. The Veyron is garish and self-indulgent; a car for those who have more money than taste.

5. [quote name='"Sunshine86"']The Veyron is garish and self-indulgent; a car for those who have more money than SENSE.[/quote]

fixed it

6. It's just too much. FOR ME. it's like of I bought. 200 million dollar house with 50 bedrooms and 10 pools and tennis courts and a golf course but lived alone... It's like right on man your ballin but your a fucking loser. If you want flash get a Ferrari I will bet anything a girl wouldn't know a veyron from any other car. And it's not like they veyron is THAT much faster. It is faster but with the right drivers I bet it could be beaten.

7. #47 Bluntman00, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Yes the Veyron may be the fastest car for right now, but it will get overtaken soon enough by a company who makes a car for the soul purpose of beating the veyron...kind of like the SSC Aero Twin Turbo did in 2007, and then Bugatti re took the throne in 2010...its basically like an arms race, one company can take the number 1 spot for a short time but they can only hold it for so long before another car comes around and takes it back, then its to the drawing board until they release the next entry.

I also want to mention that while the Veyron may be the fastest production car in a straight line given its behemoth sized 16.4L W engine, it seems to pose terrible results on tracks.

8. Yeah how are you going to corner that tank? I mean in a straight line yeah but fuck man who wants to pay that much for a car when I can pretty much go in a line. And most people will never top it out...

9. ^That's the first thing I'd do the second i got it... No sense in having a car you can't take to its limits.

10. And you wouldn't look like a complete wanker driving it. I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of wankers that drive Ferraris but it's not inherent.

11. [quote name='"Shirogane7"']^That's the first thing I'd do the second i got it... No sense in having a car you can't take to its limits.[/quote]

Good luck brotha. I think there is only one straight away on a race track that is long enough to top it out. And if your going to do that on the highway..... They will be using the jaws of life to get you outta your million dollar car...

12. That's what salt flats are for.

13. Meh... JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION: veyron is just not worth the money. Can get a car for less then half the price that goes almost as fast. I could but a house and me and my fiancée our dream cars an have plenty of cash left over. Or I could have the worlds fastest production car. Not even the fastest car in the world. Then when I have my veyron I could be in the same class of losers as wiz. Then everyone would love me. Bitches would be on my nuts and dudes would stay up at night wishing they could be me in my veyron. Because its a veyron. It's a fucking glorified volkswagen with an engine taken from an aircraft carrier.

14. Well if i had the money to buy one, I'd have the money to take it to any track i wanted.

Even if i had the money i wouldn't get it... I'd keep it simple. An 05 gti with a fully built VR6 converted to rear wheel drive (maybe like 25k total). Then a pontiac solstice GXP coupe, throw in a fully built supercharged M3 engine with an all wheel drive conversion. Either of those would be way more fun than a veyron. I still wanna experience 255 mph though. High of a lifetime.

15. When I see the veyron I'm just like "meh" with a shrug. Yeah it's fast blah blah but it's just not appealing to ME. I'd take an Aventador any day over it to be honest, flashier, cooler looking and to me is just a more practical car and way more recognizable. My dream car is anything of the Pagani line preferably the Zonda F roadster, now THAT is a beautiful car. I'd even take an R8 as long as its the v10 :p Easy to drive looks nice and it's quick!

On my list I think it's Zonda>Agera R>Aventador>ZR1>R8>Ferrari 458> and then the veyron. Bring ya hate my way haha :D

16. Thing about the veyron, is:

One, it's costing Bugatti, or, is owner company VolksWagen, more to make than they sell it for, at least that was the case a year or so ago. I remover reading and hearing it costs them around 5,000,000 to make - all it is, is a car to show can be accomplished with engineering. Even then it's a mild case of car engineering.

Two, some of the facts about it are nuts.
    It has a 16L W16 engine, which is insane enough, but those two air intakes suck in as much air at 300km/h as the average human breathes in a week. It has the most radiators and coolest systems of any car.
    16 pistons are working together with 4 cam shafts to spin one drivetrain
    To me, it's mindblowing how they got all that to work

Three, it's a novelty car, nothing else. If you have the money to buy it, you likely have more than you know war to do with. I'd love to have one, but other than the fun of owning it, there is nothing else good about it. There are only a few locations in the world where you can legally and safely reach its near top speed. The "true" top speed of each veyron has never been reached. There is not road long enough or the tires I the world to achieve it. You can't even use it's highest gear without a second key and the gps system recognizing you are at a "legal high speed location"

Regardless, i find it awesome :)

17. is you said heres 2.1 million dollars.

build a car with more then 1200 horses.

SO EASY

18. this is what will come of bugatti's next car in 2015:
    the Galibier 16c, same engine as the veryon, but infront, just almost as fast as the super sport too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. I like it (with the exception of the wheels maybe); it isn't nearly as goofy looking as the Veyron.