Last night my bearded dragon laid eggs :)

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokentoke420, May 12, 2010.

1. hurry up and hatch them!

2. @_________@ your GTP is BEAUTIFUL, and the actual photography is awesome. i'm six shades of jealous right now.. i'm subscribing to this thread, these pictures are just too good to pass up.

3. Subscribing the hard way because I can't find the button. :smoke:

Beautiful animals. These eggs are taking way too long to hatch!!!

4. You're gonna have little dragons everywhere. I hope they hatch.

5. lol im tryin im tryin

Thanks homie, appriciate the post. Ill keep posting as long as people still want more

Tell me about it man, im gettin anxious. I want my baby dragons already. IM excited to see how they turn out.

Thanks, me too. As soon as they do, this post will be updated.

6. you almost have a bakers dozen has anyone tried scrambled lizard eggs?

7. i like how nobody noticed the huge bud plant behind him :smoke:

8. i'd like to put my mouthparts on her mouthparts

9. To OP

Does the Grinch bite? or has he ever bitten anyone?

Kinda curious about a snake called the 'Grinch' :smoke:

10. no
    hahaha that was my green crack plant

I dont haha

Yeah he's bit me a few times now, but hes usually very calm tempered. Green Tree Python's organs shink when they arent eating often enough, to help conserve energy. Then when it starts eating again its organs grow back to a healthy size to start using the newly aquired energy.The name "The Grinch" comes from the end of the story when the grinches heart grows 5 times its size. and the fact that hes green haha

11. UPDATE. The eggs are starting to hatch.

here's the first of the eggs to hatch. Look at it. This is awesome. After i had a great roll last night too. Sweet 2 days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. thats sooo awesome! how long do they take to fully hatch? the eggs look soft too. what happens if you sort of help then get out of their shell? or is best to let nature take its course?

13. The eggs are kinda soft. its hard to explain. I always let them do it themselves unless theyre having obvious troubles that I thinnk would only harm them. As for the incubation period, They were laid on may 15th. So I think thats 64 days.

14. oh ok, well what i meant was how long does it take from when they first poke out of the shell untill theyre completley out of it?

15. ooh shit, oh shit! :eek:

16. Oh, sorry. Within 24 hours

riiiight?? :hello::smoke:

17. finally!
    so adorable

18. I know. It took forever, but its definately worth the long wait. I have o go buy a new enclosure for the babies now

19. #99 ShatterWulf, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Holy shit, I just saw this thread and read through the whole thing. The babies look awesome man. Glad I didn't have to do any waiting though :D.

Just a question you might be able to help me out with since you are a reptile person; there is a small lizard that has somehow made its way into my house (I'm assuming it's some kind of Anole; maybe 3-4 in., black, some thin stripes running it's length); It doesn't bother me that it's running around, and it's made it fine for a few days, but I don't want my cats to catch it and kill it. I just had to make one of my cats surrender it out of it's mouth, but it scuttled off before I could grab it.

Is there a particularly good way to catch a small lizard? Maybe some kind of trap or something?

20. A lizard stick would work, get a long stick with a long thing string attached to the end. Tie a slipknot and try to lasso it around the lizards head from a distance so you dont scare it. Once you have to lassos jus give it a gentle, but firm tug and quickly grab the lizard and release it from your stick.