Last minute questions before starting grow!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by werdyo, Sep 8, 2008.

1. #1 werdyo, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
    I just got my NL#5 seeds from HGS about a week ago and just finished my closet setup today. Germinating as we speak and they just started to pop roots today. I've got the soil ready to go at a pH of about 6 to plant them tomorrow. Got a few quick questions.

1. I was going to turn the light on 18/6 for veg and was wondering if it's okay to do that as soon as I plant the seeds in the soil about 15 inches above the soil?

2. The temperature ranges from about 85F with the lights on and about 75F with lights off while the humidity is pretty much between 45 and 55%. Are these good conditions? (I'm running a dehumidifier and 450cfm 6" inline fan for intake/outake through a carbon filter.)

3. Last but not least, when should I start giving them nutes? (I've got 3 to 1 ratio b'cuzz soil and worm castings and plan on using floranova veg and floranova flower.)

Thanks so much, will be posting a grow journal when I'm all started up. You've all been very helpful.

2. bump, nobody? :(

3. that sounds about right

thats basically what I've got going on

posting some pics will help

I didn't use nutes for the first 3 weeks

4. Without any leafs, the light is basically wasted, and once they do pop out you don't need very much light (MH or HPS are overkill) for the first few days.

Sounds like you've got most things under control, love to see some pics too! Hope you get some big juicy buds! :D

5. what kind of lights are you using? that's one thing you left out, other than that, looks like you are ready to grow some dank, good luck with it

6. sorry, 4' by 3' by 6' high closet with a 400w mh(veg)/hps(flower) combo ballast