Last few weeks of flowering...bud shots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gadbrum, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Alright guys, this has been my first grow, it started out sort of as a joke in my basement but then I realized I could actually do it. It was just some bag seed that I found, and it has turned out WAY better than I thought it would. I just wanted to see what you guys' reccomendations are for me for the last weeks of flowering...what should I do?

2. Everyones gonna ask for pics if you want help.

3. - Post pics

- Get a pocket microscope (<$10 at Radio Shack) to check the trichs

- Flush the soil 2 weeks before harvest

- Don't feed nutes after that flush

- With 2 weeks left change your light cycle from 12/12 to 11/13 (longer dark)

- With 1 week left change your light cycle to 10/14 (longer dark)

- Put them in total darkness for the final 48-72 hours

4. hi toastie. i know this might sound dumb.. but you say "flush the soil 2 weeks before harvest", etc (as quoted above). my dumb question is how do we first time growers know that our plants have 2 weeks left to harvest?? thanks for your patience.. :):smoking:

5. I'd say wait a week after pistils are starting to turn red/brown and the flush that plant!

6. It all depends on when you want to harvest, check the trichs every couple of days and when they are all cloudy then if you start to flush you should get to about 20%-30% amber by the end of 2 weeks, If you want them a little more amber then wait till there about 20% amber. Also, you only really need to flush for 10 days. Finally, when its getting close to being ready to chop, stop watering and turn the lights off the last 3 days.

7. heres another noob ?. What will be the outcome if you turn the lights off 3 days until harvest?

8. No light means no more chlorophyll production, chlorophyll cause your smoke to be harsher which you don't want.