Last DVD/Blu-Ray you bought

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Blix, Dec 27, 2008.

1. #481 lFourTwenty, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014

Think it was a typo for DVD

My last purchase was Lone Survivor on blu ray..saw it in theaters it is a great movie

• Like Like x 1
  2. #482 RVD420RVD, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Haha nah. I just like saying DBD instead if DVD. I forgot why I started saying it but yeah haha.

And it's BULLSHIT only the 1st 2 seasons are out.

'Too blessed to be stressed'

3. #483 emf3rd, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    Imagine a Plank shaped DVD box set, "all six seasons, four specials, and a movie." Plus we need to know what the fuck is under Edd's hat,

Sidenote: The "Cartoon Network Hall of Fame" series pisses me off.

Sideside note: I just got The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie in eye-popping Blu-Ray 3D! (3D glasses not included)

4. If buy it instantly regardless of cost.

Why does it piss you off?

Ditto, in a heartbeat.

Well, Cartoon Network finally did SOMETHING smart and started releasing all their old Cartoon Cartoon shows on DVD for the first time under the label "Cartoon Network Hall of Fame." The idea was that they would start releasing all their classic 90's TV shows on full season sets for the first time on DVD! Isn't that a nifty idea? I know I'd be totally down for that!... But of course it gets fucked quickly.

They first released Johnny Bravo's first season with some special features. Cool! Not a huge Johnny Bravo fan, but I'd still pick it up for nostalgia's sake.

Next, they released Courage the Cowardly Dog's first season, however this time the release was bare bones. No special features at all, just the original 13 episodes. And, they didn't even include the original pilot 'The Chicken from Outerspace.' That like, sets up the entire series, AND is cannon, AND has sequel episodes elsewhere in the show. So, still cool to have all the episodes, but no special features was a let down. I bought this one though, as I love Courage.

Finally, they shat out the first season of Dexter's Lab, except this time instead of no special features (which there isn't), you don't even get all the episodes this time. They took out one of them for this release. So yeah, each release just got worse and worse content wise until finally they stopped releasing season sets with this one.

The label went into a remission for a while, and then one day they decided to come back with more DVD's under the 'Cartoon Network Hall of Fame' label, except that this time they weren't full seasons of shows; just grab bags of random episodes thrown together on a compilation disc. I know they made one with a few episodes of Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Courage, Dexter, and Johnny. Then they made a second compilation disc with Samurai Jack, Codename Kids Next Door, Foster's, and Courage again.

And once again, they've stopped making new ones. That's why I hate them. It was such a genius idea that they got lazy on and then stopped not even halfway through. 

• Like Like x 2
  6. That's funny you say that. Cuz both Dexter and Johnny Bravo are in my Amazon shopping cart right now.

The last 3 I got were Nickelodeon cartoons. Still gonna get em for the episodes though but that's bullshit. I didn't know all that.

That's

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good man! I'm hoping that if more and more people buy their existing shows on DVD that they'll FINALLY get it through their skulls that the fans would go nuts if they just released it all. They'd make money, the shows would be preserved on home video, everyone wins. :p

Nick is a little bit better with getting their shit out on home video. And for the stuff they don't officially release themselves, they partnered with Amazon to make DVDR's of any shows people want. I don't understand why CN couldn't at the very least do something along those lines.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Curious George Takes A Trip :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Donnie Darko on Blu Ray @ best buy

"Wait! We can't stop here, this is bat country!"- Fear and Loathing

10. Because of red box, Netflix, hbogo/showtimeanytime, and starzondemand it has been ages since I bought a blue ray. I think the last one I bought was either Once Upon a Time in the West, or Star Wars. Either way it has been like 3 years.

• Like Like x 1
    There is something nice about streaming, but Idunno... I much prefer to have the hard copy in my hands. It just completes it for me I guess.

I just bought American Dad Volume 2 on DVD, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: A Very Sunny Christmas on Blu-Ray, Robot Chicken Season 2 on DVD, and Workaholics Seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray.

12. Just picked up the Lost complete collection on blu ray. This thing is massive.

13. Ted

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Last Action Hero on Blu Ray for 7 bucks..scoreeeee

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kayak Fishing The Chesapeake Bay 3 - Cold Water Species and
    Cowboys And Aliens
    on DVD

16. The Seventh Sign
    on DVD

17. Guardians of the Galaxy awesome blu ray movie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lucy
    on Blu-Ray

19. Rick & Morty
    Fargo

• Like Like x 1
  20. Last DVD I bought?  :laughing:  probably I, ROBOT like 10 years ago