Last 30 days of flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ledhead, May 24, 2009.

1. Home stretch of my first grow and i am getten really excited. Iam looking for any tips that will increase yields and help my plants grow big fat buds.

I have been feeding my plants 1 tablespoon of molasses per gallon of water every other watering and it seems like its been helping. only done it twice so far

Tied down my lower branches pulling them farther away from the rest of the plant for better light penetration. It made em look cool too. alot more like what i imagined MJ plants to look like in my head.

Question on nutrients: ive got some 15-30-15 all purpose plant food. ive fed them this 3 times since flowering. Its MG grow brand soo iam leary about it being to strong or bad fro my plants (used 1/4 of recom serving) should i get on a steady feeding schedule of this?

Will the main colas really start to fatten up in the last 30 days along with the rest of the buds? All my plants have alot of buds sites but there all little popcorn nugs.

2. if you are using CFLs chances are you won't get any fat dense buds..

How many days into flowering are you?

I am only 3 days into it and other then my plants growing really large I haven't noticed much change....

3. Sounds like you're doing fine. I think you might even be able to up the molasses to 2 T per gallon. I think I've read people doing up to 3 T, so I'm sure 2 should be fine.

Miracle Gro isn't bad. It gets a negative rap around here, but don't let that bother you. As far as the feeding schedule is concerned, 1/4 is good to start, but work your way up to recommended dose slowly, keeping an eye on your plants for nute burn.

4. Dserge: iam using a 400w HPS for 5 plants. 30 days into flowering w/ 30 more to go!

Lord Sativa: i dont think ill be going past 1 Tablespoon per gallon. ive read that its recomended to start with teaspoons and work your way up. 3 tablespoons sounds like wayy to much in my opinion. I will start a better feeding schedule with the MG nutes though

5. hps is great for flowering so you should be good. though for 5 plants. idk. rule of thumb is 100 wats per plant. you can buy 75,100,150w hps that fit regular lightbulb fixtures that are sold at home depot.

for the week before harvest make sure you completely flush out your soil, nutes will cause different bad taste when smoked.

6. Exactly.

7. i have 2 36 watt CFL for supplemental lighting soo i think 5 should be fine. sooo no one has any advice cause the message iam getten is there isnt much else to do...

8. Make sure after you flush that you use only water/molasses mix. No need for any more nutrients. Some people do this differently. I've seen anywhere from 1 week to 10 days to 2 weeks. Just up to the grower I guess. If you go with a week this time, and you don't like the taste, try 10 days next time. I'm a big high right now, so not sure if this makes as much sense as it's supposed to. Peace, love and crabs.