Last 2-3 weeks of Flowering :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mindlesskracker, Nov 12, 2006.

1. i got a female AK-47 plant growing under a 175W HPS and 2 compact floro's and she has ben flowering sience SEP.25 (48 days)....I am not useing any chemicals or anything like that...I was wondering if i should do anything to the light cycle or watering ..I read someware about changing the light cycle and it increases the yield by like 40% , has anyone done this and does it work?...
    :hello:
    Thanks -PeAcE-,
    MiNdLeSs_KrAcKeR

2. i dont think u can change the flowering light cycle ... its 12/12 no matter what

its like a commandment

3. man, if you could increase yield by 40% you could make some $$$ if it came in a bottle! i wouldn't mess with the light schedule. just have patience and you will be rewarded.

4. some people will cut down light to 10 hrs for the final couple of weeks of flowering. also i read a thread on here a while back about leaving the plants in darkness for up to 48 hrs before harvest. i guess both of these things are supposed to shock/trick the plants into thinking that it's getting really late in the year and it'll produce more resin/trichs in hopes of catching pollen.

5. Thanks ... first time growing:D

6. i dropped mine to 12/12 on oct 1 and then put it stright down to 8/16 and its been like that for over 4 weeks...think about outdoors it dont stay 12/12 all fall does it.
    so i would slowly lower ur light down for a bigger harvest it doesnt have to be 12/12/\and dark for 12 hours or more will cause it too bud