Last 10 days might cut off fans??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toseeit, Sep 24, 2010.

1. I am thinking about cutting off all the major fan leaves with ten days left to finish. Want to see what happens to the big kolas.. Have large plants with tight space but they are good and big and ripe with buds but some are finishing faster with the biggest ones not quite there yet. Have a few days before last ten to decide if I should. I don't have mold but with humidity sticking around 70%+ I feel I could stop a mold doing this if one might be lurking somewhere. Thoughts on this idea?? Thanks...

2. This is a heavily disputed topic so you'll get several answers I'm sure :)

Please don't stress your plants like that! You're making them repair themselves and impairing growth- including bud growth.

The fan leaves are there for a reason- to gather energy for your plant. You shouldn't take away your energy producers at a very vital time for your plant.

Yes you do need to get that humidity down... You want your humidity as low as possible in flowering both to prevent mold and to increase trichrome production. I hope you have fans circulating the air in there.

I hope this helps man, happy harvest :D