Laser Smoking??? portable hakko?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HerrbulFresh, May 2, 2009.

1. Just wondering if anyone has ever used a high powered Laser Pointer to light their bowl, sounds like some butane free fun. As far as i know, they can pop balloons and such. The only issues i can imagine are it not lighting the weed, or reflections off the glass(yikes). What are your thoughts on using this as a lighter?

2. You would definitely have to make sure you were careful with it reflecting off the glass, but it sounds like it would work

3. those laser's have a radiation warning sticker correct, haveing your weed turn into the incredible bud while high would be pretty cool but, I PERSONNALY would say its cool, cause your not inhaling butane or paper, or whathave you, so whatever...

smoke on with the laser lighter i say!:smoking:

4. I have a green laser, and it only pops balloons and such if it is black. Black absorbs all the heat and it eventually burns. I don't think bud would get hot enough.

5. Needs more power! Your gonna need a pretty powerful laser or ALOT of patience :D

6. Kads from Vaporbros has done it. It actually vaporizes the herb, not burns it, though. He used an LED, so it's not exactly a laser, but it's the same effect.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Ogjl7zeCY&feature=channel_page]YouTube - VAPORIZING Herbs with a 15w LED: Pure Photon Energy Vaping. Vapor Brothers Vaporizer...[/ame]

7. #7 phrost, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    sounds like a good way to go blind, most high powered china lasers lack IR filters which is really really bad. i've made a red high powered one from a DVDR drive, could light a match that was colored black witha sharpie and the last thing i would wanna do is point it near my face heh.. but i suppose with the right safety goggles you'd be allset :D

toke on

Edit: Oh yea you can't see IR light soo be extra careful, and like a poster a few posts above said, mine would only burn black objects as they absorb the heat much more then other colors, so you'd also have to have some dark weed, i would assume it would work with brown hash assuming its not real light colored

8. Pffffpht......im looking on ebay for the parts as we speak.........

9. Just a safety note: make sure you get PROPER SAFETY GLASSES. Sunglasses are not (I REPEAT: NOT) going to protect your eyes, they will actually hurt them by dilating your pupils which will let in MORE laser and burn your eyes out of your head. Your best bet is to just close your eyes and have a trusting friend do it for you.

A buddy of mine (who is on here, I will let him come forward himself) made one out of a flashlight and a DVDR laser, but it never got strong enough to light bud. Look on youtube and you will find a shit ton of DIY tutorials, but remember, losing your eyesight is like getting herpes, that shit is forever.

End on a happy note>>>>> :wave::smoking:

10. Hahahaha may have to put that in the sig, but good advice nonetheless

11. this thread is like 10 years in the future.