Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Laser hit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by overheatedmud, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I was using stumble upon and it brought me to a video of some dude who made a powerful blu ray laser. And then a thought popped into my head. Would a powerful enough laser like the ones wicked lasers make, be able to light a bowl? I think it would be awesome because it would be very healthy, and make cornering a bowl easy. So what do you guys think? If somebody has a laser like this one then please try it. Sorry if this is stupid but it's 3 am and I'm tired and bored.

2. ..i want one..

3. That would be cool I've used a magnifying glass before and it was slick

4. Bump because I want to know.

5. My dad works at Raytheon (missile building company) and has brought home a few lasers. I just looked around and found one, it emits a green laser. With fresh batteries I'm able to make a piece of paper smoke so I guess I will try this then post the results.

I actually just found out you can adjust the power of this laser, you take it apart and there should be a screw-looking piece of hardware. Turning it clockwise will increase the power but lessen the battery life.

Will post results after my interview (drug test) today!! Subb'ed!

6. Damn that sounds like an awesome job.

7. I would totally want to spark a bowl with a laser. But if i did it while i was high i'd probably hit myself with it by accident haha. :smoke:

8. #8 Skunko, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    Remember people.

dont look at the light when your hitting it!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Ogjl7zeCY&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

9. There was a vid somewhere of some guy using a maglite flashlight to light a bowl.
    Just takes some tweaking.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5erjj6aS5Ws]Amazing Lasers! - Cheapy Lighter Laser Burner! - YouTube[/ame]

11. I personally wouldn't use a laser.. I mean idk if you can physically INHALE the radiation it emits but I wouldn't even want to risk that.

12. *sigh*

No. Turn off your TV. Thats the same amount of radiation a laser that size gives off, you'll be "safe".

13. It would light it amazingly, but are you willing to risk pointing a laser anywhere near yourself. It must be so easy to slip and laser yourself. Not worth he risk at all imo

14. that was a cigarette though in the video. lighting a bowl wouldn't be dangerous at all.

15. You aren't ever holding your face to the back of your TV though, are you?

I've just learned, through common sense that messing with radiation can lead to bad things.

16. It may result in the proliferation of cancer cells.

Use responsibly.

17. If it was weak enough to take a little while to light a bowl, I'd use it. If it was too powerful you would just accidentally burn your house down if you messed up the aim.

18. Fuck that. I dont fuck with lasers near my face.

19. they use higher powered lasers (radiation wise) to kill cancer tumors every day...

20. There are numerous types of cancers, and causes.