Laser cat

Discussion in 'Pets' started by burntrees43, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hey all,

Is it cruel to play with your cat with a laser? I feel bad. He does so good, but he never gets it. :(

2. You know damn well they'd do the same to you if the shoe was on the other paw.

3. Lol, I don't do it to be mean. I do it to wear it out.

4. In that case you're doing it a favor, they need the exercise.

5. do it. the cat doesnt care it just wants the laser. its not mean to burn his energy

6. its only cruel if you make him run into the glass door, and even then its still okay.

7. Yeah, it's helaciously fun...and they really seem to enjoy it. Used to do it with my kitten all the time, but I don't have a pointer anymore

8. Got mine for $2. :ey:

9. Just don't shine it in their eyes and nothing is wrong with keeping them active. Usually after a while, they will tire of never being able to catch the red dot and will ignore it. It might take years so enjoy it while they do. It's not harmful in any way, just frustrating because they never catch it. I use a laser and a feather toy together, that way I can let my cat catch the feather, usually mid-air, tackle it to the ground and "KILL" it. That's their natural behavior so I try to mimic their hunt/chase/kill instincts. It's sure fun watching her jump in the air after the feather toy, attack it then take it down to inflict the "KILL" bite into a pile of feathers. Always makes me laugh.