large yielding outdoor strains. (from experience only please)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by letdoit, May 2, 2013.

1. The title sums it up. I need input on what I should order this season.

2. #2 Zombie Farms, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    go thru this website you'll find something.. its funner to pick what you like not what others tell you..
    attiitude seedbank

3. just cause the seed dealer says its a high yeild strain dosnt mean YOU are going to get a high yeild. Its all in the grower and by the looks of it youre highly inexperienced

4. Big yielder.......

A. Order before the season starts...... it already has for 2013 :(

B. Find something that flowers well in your location.... example; blue dream is a huge yielding plant, just it flowers too long for me to bring in. So it could veg to huge heights but yield will be shit cause of early cutting times.

5. Is it absolutely too late.? If I ordered now?

6. #6 Sgtstadanko707, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    I have a feeling getting seeds won't be your only grow problem.

7. Yeah its pretty late.. i ordered well before 420, and they have a good head astart (through attitude) if you have lights id just order and research your ass off

8. but in a lot of places it hasnt even passed the last frost date(mothers day here)
    If you try and do somthing, you may fail* Fukuoka*
    Just grow plants for the joy of learning, and gardening.

If you love them they will love you. If you over dose them with nutes
    they may overload you with unbalanced THC content and be more drugs than medicine.

I can ask many people many questions, but may not really know untill I just do it.

Dont wait, just keep planting, who knows hail could wipe out your whole crop over night....

happy gardening

9. The reason why it's pretty late is because seeds a can take 2-6 weeks to come in. So that can put you around June. You would still need to germ and grow. Germing can take up to a week and you won't have a real plant for around 3-6 weeks. So that will put you in late July early August and that is when plants will start flowerin. So you might get like a 18 inch plant. Weak. I started popping beans in February. Learn for next year

10. As others said one of the keys to a large yielding plants is starting them indoors early. Your a bit late for that. It seems you are a bit clueless so I suggest spending this season prepping for next year and educating yourself. You still should throw out a few for fun. If you get a started soon and know what your doing you can still get a decent yield.

Pretty much any stain can be a big yielder as long as you know what your doing.
    What is your definition of large yielder? few oz's? 2lbs? 5lbs? 10? more?

11. I actually am pretty knowledgeable and this will not be my first go-around. I was merely looking for input on strains that have yielded high for the respected person, if you dont have input move on and especially dont bother replying to this.

12. Thank u my mans

13. I started four indoor in February and plan to put in ground around june

14. Too late to have a huge yield but not to late to plant. I know some growers wait until the longest day of the year to plant . You won't get lbs but a few oz.

15. Last nights quick shot

Sorry about the iffy quality, its hard to focus the iphone camera at night lol aand i apologize for the screenshot part but how we doing?

Attached Files:

16. #17 mjmama25, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    Purple Diesel has been my best yielder by far. I've seen really skilled growers plant this strain in July and still yield well. It's a fast vegger and fast flowering too. Nice balanced high. Great flavor and smell. It's one of my keeper strains.

A lot of people get great yields out of Trainwreck, Blue Dreams, and Casey jones. I personally don't like growing sativas though. Like mentioned, they take too long to finish, plus they get too tall and need staked up well.

For you starting late in the season the height issue might not be a problem. If you have a long season and want to try sativas that's up to you. I just recommend a nice hearty hybrid first.Oh! You should check out Detroit Badass from Soutern Star seeds. It's a beast of a plant I'm growing this season.

17. North central California here. I grow from clones and have gotten more than a pound off ones we planted on July 3rd. IMO, the key to huge plants is to give them plenty of grow room. Genetics definitely play a part but grow room is most important.
    LA Confidential, Blue Dream, Purple Diesel, are common ones that have yielded good for me.

18. Those people how say they cants get large plants if they start now are wrong ! But you will need great soil ! I start mine in a few days from now as last yr i started April 21 & they got 12 (TRUE ) feet (not guessing but measured ) & that's topped 4 times , producing 3-5,Ls ea hard dense quality buds ! But we are talking 60 trash cans manure in patch ,not to mention lots of other goodies ! OG raskel wifi !

19. What strains grew to 12 ft for you? And I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the majority of the last part.