Large Yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nugget13, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Well my friend and I are planning on growing outside next season and we're starting to prepare. We bought a book on marijuana horticulture and we've been reading it front to back. I can't seem to find any information on how to get a large yield/big buds from our plants other than making sure to water it correctly and make sure it gets enough sunlight, etc.

My friend and I are going to be using seeds collected from any shwag we buy. Anyone have any tips to getting a large yield. I've read about trimming certain areas of the plant during growth and bending it so the lower buds recieve more sunlight. Comments?

2. stay away from soils with time release ferts

invest in some decent nutes (and following the feeding schedules, it's always better to give a little too few nutes than to overfert.)

read up on lst and topping ^^^^

watch out for rabbits and deer, they love mj

3. For big yields, you simply need to pick a good spot. If the light is good, and the soil is good (test, and ammend if necessary) you will get big yields. LST and topping and stuff are less relevant outside, the sun moves all round the plant.

If you want to be certain, spend ten bucks on a pack of seeds with a proven genetics.

-mu

4. This is what im doing this year. Get some 5 gallon buckets, drill many holes in the bottom and all around the bottom. Fill with good soil and then go to your spot you've picked out. Dig holes and place buckets in those holes. Up to the rim preferablly so the buckets aren't noticed. That way you can control the soil your plants are growing in and get the added bonus of the suns light! the holes in the bottom are for drainage as well as when the roots get huge they wont get root bound they can go beyond the bucket into the earth. Just be sure that if your starting from seeds to go to the plants and be sure to separate (kill) the males or you'll end up with pollinated females=seeds...good luck.

5. Good organic ferts and LOADS of sunlight are needed for good yields. And as large a bucket as you can carry.

6. High fly and nug! :wave: Also, dont forget that genitics are key as well. If you even get the bag seed to germ, you may be disapointed in the results, despite ALL your efforts. Fly will agree im sure, that starting with a high yeilding strain would be in your best interest. like say...NLx Big Bud! If you are going to go through all the effort, you should really choose a better starting point. Just my thought anyway, and GL with your grow regardless of what you decide. Peace and be safe, TBug