Large fruit allergy, I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Sinagua, Oct 8, 2012.

1. I'm allergic to the majority of all fruits (except for: Apples, Strawberries, Blueberries, Grapefruits, Oranges, and Raspberries). There are also other fruits that I haven't tried yet (the obscure ones) so I still might have some added to the list of the ones that I can eat.

I've really been getting into more meditation and overall, a more relaxed and healthy lifestyle. Coupled with my change of mindset, I want to start eating more fruits, veggies, and fresh foods, but my allergy really frustrates me and holds me back. I can eat fruit if it is dehydrated, but that process removes alot of the nutrients within the fruit. I've been to the doctors about my allergy, and they say it's not the fruit, it's the pollen on the fruit, and some fruits don't have that pollen on it that I'm allergic to (hence the small number of fruits that I can eat).

I was going to ask how I could possibly aid my allergy, and learn ways to get around it, so I can still live this healthy lifestyle? I love fruits, and if I could eat them, I'd be the kind of person that eats them constantly. My allergy isn't epi-pin severe, but it inflames my mouth and lips (so I guess it could get to that). :(

2. Try testing out the pollen hypothesis.

Thoroughly wash some fruit you're allergic to and eat it about an hour and a half at least apart from non washed fruit.

The washed fruit shouldn't have as great a reaction if it's pollen, because it would have been wiped off.

Doesn't seem like the worst range of fruit you can safely eat tho.

A lot of people don't eat much more than that except for maybe bananas.

Maybe you could also try eating something like pineapple, which you have to cut the skin off of first.

3. Try grapes, dates, figs, and melons...I couldn't live without those lol hopefully you haven't tried em yet

4. #4 Sinagua, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    The doctor actually recommended that I scrub every fruit before I eat it, and see how it works for me. It would make sense, because in order for me to eat an apple, I have to skin it first. I can actually eat pineapple, it just always seemed like a bitch to skin it lol. As for bananas, I can eat them ONLY after they're really ripe (after the peel is very brown), I have no idea why, it's weird honestly haha.

In the long term, I crave fruit alot, and I love exotic fruits you get at market stands. When I used to live in Florida, I would always go to the produce stands, and get alot of dragon fruit and unique veggies. I've still been meaning to try the Soursop fruit, that fruit is VERY good for you.

Thank god I can eat hemp seeds though! :smoke:

5. I have tried grapes and melons, and I can't eat them. I have also tried figs and dates! I can eat those, but they're damn expensive! lol (for me anyways).

Also man, I love your signature so much.. Fuck yeah for Ron Paul. :wave:

6. I believe I have mild fruit allergy. Peaches and similar fruit as well as pineapple can occasionally result in a hive or 2 on my lips. Doesn't stop me but it's a minor inconvenience 'cause damn if I don't love peaches.

7. I told a friend about the effect mango's had on your high.

Turns out she's allergic and had never eaten mango before. :eek: