laptops?

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeandBlow, Nov 14, 2007.

1. im looking to buy a laptop with money saved up, and i was wondering if anyone knew any good sites or good recommendations

my price range is about 1000$ and under

what are some of the best brands?

2. Depends on what your doing with it

Alienware is best for gaming and graphic shit
    Sony and HP take the cake on pretty much everything else

i have an HP dv1660 special edition and im in love with it :hello:

3. i just want a fast ass modem and 2gb of memory, at least

4. my hp has wireless and an internal modem packin 60 GBs

as you can tell i recommend an HP or a sony viao but your guna pay alot for that

5. i found a nice hp laptop, 2gb memory, 250 gb hard drive, 2 2.0 ghz processing engines

for only $999

the screen is only 12 inches though, and it is a touch screen...im not so sure about the touch screen part though, since it doesnt provide much detail aboutit

6. Is it a tablet? One of those flip and folds?

7. ASUS is my personal favorite. They make amazing motherboards, and they make amazing laptops around their motherboards.

Stay away from Dell, and gateway especially.

Acer, IBM, Lenovo, Toshiba all make good laptops as well.

Buy from www.newegg.com- 2 days shipping for an item that large is probably $15-20 and the selection and reviews are unparalleled by any major retail marketer.

8. I love my HP, its a few years old now- but is still more than sufficient for the software I run (1 gb of ram).

I was very impressed by the widescreen and graphics card that was available pretty cheap.

9. asus are all pretty expensive

so far that toshiba is the best for the price....but someone said toshiba sucks...anyone know if this is true?

10. bump

anyone know any good sites for good deals on laptops?

11. I haven't had any problems with my Toshiba, it definitely out preforms my old PC.

EDIT:- I just clicked your link, pick that up asap.