lanky fuker!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chillseeker, Aug 12, 2002.

1. i started off sum seeds about 2 weeks ago and 1 of em has gone reeeeli lanky wiv a massive stem and 4 small leaves at the top! is there any way i can shrink it down a bit or is it alright as it is?!

2. sounds like a lighting problem, all you can really do is to repot it deeper, most plants that "stretch" are due to them not getting enough direct light...
    Let us know what lighting they get..

3. im jus usin natural light rite now, sittin in the garden or on the window still, its pretty sunny, but wen they started out they were in a darker place at the back of a room. i dont reeli want to start usin hydroponics or nething!

4. First of all, you need a spot where the plant is getting at least 5 hours of direct sunlight each day.
    Then once they have been growing a month begin with a diluted fert solution, with a higher content of nitrogeon for veg growth.

5. yeah the plant barely had ne direct sunlight 4 the first 2 weeks, it has loads now, do u think it'll be alright? its lanky as fuk and the leaves hav brown tips!

6. I'm sure that given enough light now it will be ok! now all that is required is to make sure it gets enough water and start ferts soon also, but don't overdo it. Moist soil is enough.
    good luck.

7. Yes, it should be ok, now all you need to do for the next few weeks is water and feed with ferts....do not overdo it though, the soil only needs to be moist, and when starting with ferts use a diluted solution for the first two weeks then increase as per manufacturers guidelines.
    good luck.

8. wat kinda lights wood i need to buy for two plants? i havnt a clue wat kind i'd need. thanks 4 the help!

9. It really does depend on the area of the grow room etc...it is possible to grow 48 plants hydro SOG under a 250 watt hps.
    For any plants i would have to recommend using HPS Son Agro bulbs. Firstly though you need to determine the area in which you will be growing.