Language.

Discussion in 'General' started by mashcat, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Just wondering which language,except english,would be the hardest to learn and which would be the easiest?Can you get a machine you put to your throat and it changes your words to any language?Mad,mad thoughts.

2. The easiest is probably spanish or tagalog.

3. What is tagalog?I have never heard of it.I think one of the hardest has to be chinese.

4. cantonese definately

5. I've heard German is the easiest. I took German in high school and it wasn't that hard. (Damn that was a hot teacher)
    Alot of the words are the same as English.

6. Well....german isn't that easy. Grammar's pretty hard.

When it comes to learning new languages it always depends on which one you speak. You speak a germanic language (english, german, dutch, norwegian), other germanic languages will be easy for you. Same if you speak a latin language (spanish, french, portugese, italian).

Easiest one I'v ever learned is norwegian. It's got practically no grammar.

Hardest I've ever heard of is sami (got 21 active and 2 passive casus, english's got 3)

But I think some of the asiatic languages can be quite hard. Heard that viatnamese got no verbs....

7. Philippine dialect...

8. Ha, some of my filipino friends can understand filipino but not speak the language. pretty strange.. they say it's hard but then some chinese say cantonese is hard, and i buy that cuz that's what they all say.

the easiest is maybe spanish.. from the languages I speak that it... (english spanish french) French is a bitch (the language and the teachers)

Grasscity Deals Near You