Landlord

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gmd, Jul 23, 2009.

1. I was at work and I had a call from my landlord saying they had to go in and fix my ac cause it was leaking. The maintenance guy that came in I drink with on the weekends. I was wigging out when I went home my bedroom door was cracked and you could see some light coming from the closet. My 215 card is almost expired and won't get renewed for a couple of weeks. Think this is a big deal? Thank you.

2. naww ur good..plus if your landlord gives you trouble..tell her you have rights as a (LEGAL) medical Marijuana patient...and you will not be harassed,or treated any differently because of it...should get the job done :D

3. well kocf, my medical card expires in 3 days thats the problem im having :/

4. ohh..well she dont know that :D...lol if she gets told show her the card..and if she sais well hey its looks to be expired..tell her you new card is coming in the mail..and if she needs to see it sha can when it gets here..which should give u time to get everything in order for ur new one

5. Alright thanks bro that sounds like the game plan. I don't believe it will even get that far since the maintence guys are chill and blaze too but always gotta have a plan.

6. Wrong the landlord can evict you. It is in the contract you signed and being a 215 card holder means nothing to a landlord only to law enforcement. A few years ago they actually passed a law so the could covict landlord if tenats were growing. If it were me i wouldnt be worried cause all my shit would be torn down and put into storage tonight. But thats just me.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

7. I think I would put it away too but if your that cool with maint guy you should ask if landlord was in ur room or if he (maint guy) was in your room. Unless the ac is in ur room then maint guy proly saw it. Shuda been on your grizzly and planned ahead.:cool:

8. No the ac is in the livingroom just my bedroom door was cracked (stupid) and could see the lights if he was really trying to scope out my room :/

9. if they did see your grow, what are the chances of some one jacking it too? They got keys after all.

10. He probably just figured u got a light in the closet. Most maintenance guys aren't the sharpest pencils in the box.

11. Kinda what I was thinking..

12. Wow, you people are willing to jump to all kinds of conclusions about people you don't even know.

Fact is, we don't know if the situation is cool or not. What we do know is that you have been compromised. Let's put it this way -- did you tell your maintenance man buddy about your grow before? No. And why not? Well you don't know who you can trust and so you tell no one, right? The fact that he most likely saw your grow accidentally does not make him more trustworthy than before -- if anything it makes him less so.

I would rather buy grass for a while then go to jail for a while, and to the OP that honestly is the choice you face. You never will know if you can trust the landlord and/or maintenance guy until its too late. The smart thing is to take your losses and start growing again another time in another place.

Another good example of what I have been preaching about apartment grows, that the landlord can come in just about any time they want without prior notice (read the lease folks, all of it) and why an apartment grow is very risky.

13. well, u said u drink with the maintenance guy right? so is he gonna snitch on you? as long as the landlord himself don't see the light, or smell it you should be okay.

keep in mind if you have a medical card, that will protect you from the long arm of the law, but a landlord can still kick you out for it, and a positive drug test can still get you fired.