Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lame-ass grownup seeks advice on finding fellow stoners :-(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nekron99, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I smoked for years in college, always buying from buddies.
    Started up again recently, guy at work turned me onto the cleaning lady who sold. Her connect left town, and now I'm dry as a bone.

I wear a tie to work and go home at night to my kids; I don't go to shows anymore or hackysack in the park or hang out in coffeeshops or guitar stores, or play golf, or have any of the other hobbies to meet fellow heads. I commute by myself, so can't talk to people on the bus. Can't let it get out at work that I'm looking for a connect; it could cost me my job. Can't go through family members; my wife and other family don't approve. Don't really get out much except with neighbors who don't smoke. I don't drink, so the bar isn't an option.

I've eaten lunch at the bar in a restaurant and asked the bartender; here in Pittsburgh people seem to not want to share connects. Same at random places like REI and tobacco shops. The few people at work who seem 100% stoners turn out to not know anything.

GC, what should I do!? I've scraped all my resin and eaten all my AVB... should I start asking randos on the street? Go out to the colleges and creep out the yunginz asking for hookups?? Ask my servers at lunch???

2. you're frudged. pissburgh sucks (if your not in college or a transient). i feel for you brudder.

3. Thats kinda a sticky situation. I would just ask around, random folks on the street. Maybe go into a store that sells papers and pipes and ask the cashier. Most of the time they smoke and know where its at, atleast from my experiences they have.

4. Lame city ordinances mean no head shops either >:-(

5. Hmm... I don't know. Sounds like you need sack up just a tad bit, no disrespect intended. The thing is you want a hook up, but, you arent willing to go out of your comfort zone to do it. I understand your background and realize thats a major contributing factor, but damn just explain (if possible) to your wife that you smoke. 1.) You dont want something so innocent to be hidden like something sinister like an affair 2.) She might surprise you. After thats out of the way everything should be much easier. I saw this guy Wiz something in Rolling Stones magazine and he was wearing an upside down "p" Pittsburgh Pirates hat, You could always ask him!

6. if youre really that boned maybe make a small unoticable micro grow and grow youre own? its really not that hard, i have a old server case that i grow in, just looks like a computer, tell youre kids there not allowed on daddies computer cause its for work :) make it right and it wont smell and youll be good to go!

Edit: If youre not much of a handyman you can always order a premade one! my friend did and there pretty badass!

7. No disrespect taken. I actually agree with you that I should clue her in... but an entire lifetime of being not opposed to drink & drugs but just totally uninterested isn't going to suddenly turn her into a source of mad buds.

The problem here isn't my wife, it's me - I don't know who I should make friends/acquaintances/small talk with to find buds :-/

8. Look into PC growboxes

9. no love

10. Totally not an option. PA has stiff cultivation laws and IIRC a single plant can carry jail time. Anyway if I had a connect for seeds this wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Please no more recommendations to grow, a lifetime with no herbs is better than losing my kids. :eek:

11. idk but you probably give off a vibe that you're a cop by asking random people...go to a club, reggae concerts.Be straight up but don't give a sad sappy story that'll make them want to take advantage of you..BTW you can't ask for weed on GC the stromtroopers are gonna banish you.

12. Id say go to a bar, or somewhere stoners would go like some type of concert.

13. Maybe you'll have to travel. Go on a business trip to a place like NYC where there are delivery services, have the shit delivered to your hotel room, then take it back home. I don't know how much you smoke, but you could load up on such a "business trip".

14. Ask another cleaning lady or ask the guy that put you onto her in the first place just be cool about it try and remember what a stoned you would do in this situation and all will become clear.

15. Ask the cleaning lady again, if she sold she probably had more than one connect. Or if she doesn't she could probably at least get some weed, and depending on how old your kids are you could try asking them... :D

16. Hmmmmm you could try asking any pittsburgh blades to meet up with you and get them to introduce you to their connect. Or you could grab a clipboard and put some paper on it and go up to random people and say you're doing a survey on drug traffic and then ask what parts of your area have the highest incidences of marijuana smokers... Then go to that area and just ask a random person "where are the trees at" or if you're a straight shooter: "where could i get some weed from?"

17. Go to the projects/schools, ask one of those "yolo" kids

18. [quote name='"Fired"']Go to the projects/schools, ask one of those "yolo" kids[/quote]

Noo. Don't ask little kids . Gas stations . Maybe a pizza guy ? If you ask enough random people that you will never see again maybe one will be able to help you

19. I understand. The Union may be useful? Dont tell her what it is just sit her down and watch it with her. Say it's important to you and you want her opinion. People love to give their opinions. :smoke:

Yea it can be challenging just make sure if you go to a bar to grab some kind of drink with alcohol in it. Otherwise people will for sure think youre a cop.