Laid-Off taco bell...

Discussion in 'General' started by Qued, May 7, 2010.

1. Damn, Fuck.
    Busted my ass ever day I was working at taco bell and still laid-off
    Pisses me off when I see people with jobs and they slack their ass off and complain how bad there job is. When I can easily out do them in there job, Damn anyone having job problems? I would do anything for a damn job just to pay me mini-wage. Fucking School prices Christ man, how do they expect me to afford school without taking a loan what will fuck me big time later on. Seems like they want me to start slinging coke for bills.

On a other note, I try to be as Professional in my job as possible seems like I work harder then the managers and get shitted on. I never disrespect customers hopefully one day my work will pay off.
    The also thing what just is a let down, lets say I make it in college get my teaching degree. But I still get what 30-40k a year…. Shit comes on what the fuck. I know I could get a better degree what requires more skill but I think I would really enjoy teaching kids.

Thanks for Reading to my Crying Thread

Just living in a small redneck town makes me feel hopeless man…idk I am not going to give up though never but shit it's my struggle.

2. That sucks you lost your job man, but I must admit I busted out laughing when I saw this thread.

Dude you have more work ethic than a lot of people, work as a server at a restaurant. That's a good place where hard work normally pays well and it's a job that a teenager can work.

3. If you're good you're good

good things will come to you

have faith and always know there's more in your future never less

4. Yeah, there was this Italian Restaurant (family owned) one what I heard hires teens my age. If I would get the job looks like I would start as a buss boy (what is great take anything and work my way up). Its just I have problems understanding people around here they have a deep hick tone. Sometimes its just gibberish they don't open there mouths enough to make understandable statements. I don't want to be rude to them and tell them I don't understand half the shit what comes out of your mouth and asking what over and over to them won't look good. Taking guess' can be inaccurate and make me look dumb specially when I don't know anyone in this town and to be honest I don't think I want to know them. It's like this town has been living in its on little redneck world with grunt cops in a shell with kids who never seen the true meaning of fun. But I know some of you guys are managers stuff like that can anyone give me any points to explain when I go to apply for jobs to really stick out and not be another bullshit kid who doesn't get shit done. Should I tell the manager to cut the bullshit and tell him straight up you looking for a hard worker I am it.

Idk guys, help would be honored thanks, GC:D

Thanks for the reply btw

5. Unemployment??

6. I' am sorry about my grammar also thank you for not grammar policing me.
    Popped a few bars but I'll blame myself this time not the drug,
    Kind of like does the gun kill or does the finger on the trigger kill.:eek:

Thanks again;)

7. Pretty much man and it hurts how much i worked and i get shitted on but i gusse thats life

Was looking for pointers
    Thanks though:wave:

8. Yeah I'm in the same boat, been looking for a job forever. Probably dropped off 50+ resumes so far. I'm a hard worker though, I'll bust my ass in whatever I do but no one wants to give me a chance because I don't have years upon years of experience, so frustrating.

9. lol man, I was talking about the program that gives you money for being laid off. It depends if you were terminated, or laid off.... big difference, cuz laid off is where you come back to work when things are going good again. You get like over half of your paycheck or something like that.... That could keep you going until you find another option.

10. Yeah I agree with you fully, Keep my head up never give up, but sometimes its hard to remind yourself there is a way out sometimes I feel hopeless, take everyday by everyday and don't live today without thinking about tomorrow

I know my cries don't compare to other peoples problems if anything I am grateful what I have, You know my dad's father worked in the solvent union no telling what he did because the military was watching us forever but mean my problems are childish compared to others my dad had to steel a biplane to get out of that hell hole. To U.S, I know I can over come this he was 7 years old doing that shit too wish I had those balls

Thanks by the way:wave:

11. is it true ppl bathed in the sink?

12. yeah exactly man thats the sad thing about living life sometimes is that even when yours suck so bad it makes you depressed and what not you try to help yourself feel better by reminding yourself other people have it much worse

but it shouldn't be like this anyways ' everybody should be able to live good lives and enjoy themselves and anybody that wants to work and put in should be able to put in

but indeed the best thing you can do is look to your future and understand even 2 3 or 6 months from now you'll be somewhere forward so you'll be advanced

and the most important thing in life is advancing

13. sounds like this town of yours could use some coke:)
    you can take that statement however you want to.

14. hahah, this thread has me laughing. not because you got laid off, that sucks man. I read your title and thought you meant that you were trying to quit eating taco bell/ lay off it for a while. Then i read your first line, how you busted your ass every day your worked there. Thought you meant, you had horrible taco shits from eating so much, and that's why you had to cut it out. Then, as i read on, i got pretty confused. ha shit, i'm high

15. I was on a year long smoking break to find a job, and today I got word that I got hired at a 5 Guys Burger and Fries. I really hope you find a job bro. best of luck to you.:)

16. #16 tokin', May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
    Here's a pointer. Go through a temp service! I quit my lame ass dish washing job for lack of hours and shitty paycheck. After applying to places like wal-mart and mcdonalds and getting no bites my dad suggested I go through a temp service. Within 2 weeks I was back on my feet making a hell of a lot more than what I would be making working at wally world. I know its a temporary job but if the place that they place you likes you they could possibly hire you permanently like they did me. You might wait longer than 2 weeks tho, I got very lucky.

17. ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:hello::smoke::smoke::smoke:

18. Here's the sad, sorry truth: most mainstream, chain-operated restaurants, book stores, grocery stores, etc. will not keep you if you show significant prowess beyond that of your peers. If you find employment with a chain that has less than 100 locations around the country, then your devotion to the work will be appreciated. Beyond that, larger franchises expect the 'Common Denominator Employee.' Someone who does just enough work to keep the assembly line moving, but not enough wits about them to go farther than is necessary for production.

As an example, a friend of mine went to apply for a job with a very large organization that offered entry-level positions in Security. Having had prior experience in CJ and Armed Security, he applied for one of these positions and hoped for the best. They interviewed him, thought he would be an excellent candidate, and then had him take a written aptitude test; scored 1 out of 100.

Long story short, he scored a 95%, went home, and received a call about a week later saying that he was overqualified for the position that he was applying for and they didn't have the resources or desire to pay him the salary he could easily argue for. We delved farther into it with some former employees (as well as the corporate offices) and, apparently, they only hired people who scored between 55 and 75 on the aptitude test.

Like I said: Common Denominator.

:rolleyes:

On the brighter side, you seem to have a fantastic work ethic and will excel far beyond what you did with this job. Consider it their loss and your gain when you come across a better position down the road.

19. lol

I want some Taco Bell now

20. Yeah thanks guys it's just idk a downer not having a job at the moment when i would work for anything with shitty pay. I dont know i am going out today and trying to get a job pop a bar or two wish me luck bro

Thanks for the postive coments gives me hope:wave: