Ladylungs DWC 400w x2 grow journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ladylungs, May 3, 2011.

1. 5.7 is PH-
    I do have a small fan blowing on them- think i will just raise the light a little. It is really not hot under the light or in the room at all

2. Hi LL, was browsin your journal and had to comment on this pic
    [​IMG]
    LOL, my dad had that exact same light on his desk for years. Love the retro look, and hey they are the right color ;) Best wishes on your grow.
    O F :metal:

3. OK-
    Day 17 veg-
    Yesterday I transported them into the bubble buckets. They are looking good but I can see a couple roots that I threaded through the net pots die. I LSt-d them big time today. I accidentally broke the top off one of em- oops!
    Temps are 85
    Nutes- 550-600
    Ph 5.8

Old Fart 420- Thanks for checking in!:wave:

Attached Files:

• pl.jpg
      pl.jpg
      File size:
      513.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Looking good lady! If you cover the hydroton with a light blocking disk you will cut down on light leaks in the Res when they're young. I use butter tub lids covered with silver tape with a hole in the center and a slit to the edge but your pots are big. Keeps algae down too. They look a good happy green.

5. These netpots are pretty big and the first inch down is opaque. The ones I transplanted in totally showed a ton of light. THanks for stopping in !

6. 33 days into veg.
    They are looking good! I topped all of em a couple weeks ago and they are bushing out. There is honestly nothing wrong with them. Happy happy plants. Today I removed a bunch of big ole fan leaves covering other budsites. I have a big bucket of water that I mix up to topfeed my plants every few days. Today I refilled it and will let it sit for a couple days to dechlorinate.

?question?

Should I start flowering in the next couple days? They are about the hight of a bucket- any advice?

PH is 5.6-5.9
    Temp 75-80
    800 ppm

Attached Files:

7. #27 RO76, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Keep in mind that they will grow 2.5-3 times higher then they are now. If you have only 6 ft of head room then you should flower them now...
    My plants were ~8" tall (under LST) when I switched to flowering, with in 3 weeks they triple in height..
    P.S. Just measured WW it is ~43 inches tall from the bucket at the highest point, JH is about 31".

8. OK- just set my timer to start flowering.. i made this mistake last time too, had to use bushmaster to stop em from growing. thinking i should use it again now.. off to read---

9. 22 days into flowering and looking good.
    5 days ago I noticed BUDS!! Its amazing how low maintenance these suckers are. Last grow was plagued with issues and this one couldn't be going smoother. Every couple days I refill the res on each bucket with a pre mixed nute soup that I mix a couple days before feeding. This way I don't really have to check the PH and PPMs because I check the res before I feed them. These ladies are really drinking it up theses days. Messing with them is actually fun, so I wish I had more to do. I do try to remove some fan leaves that block the bud sites every time I refill the res. I also move the plants around and re-position the lights once and a while. Unfortunately it is getting really hot these days, before the lights go off in the grow room/music studio at 12:00 pm I cant even stand being in that room. I just love looking at them every day even tho I can probably go for a couple days without even opening the tent.

Attached Files:

10. Your girls are looking great there Lady :)

It is FUN when you "turn that corner" huh? Glad you are experiencing that :hello:
    Hey dont be such a stranger ;) (another words more pics :poke: ... ohh, ok, please [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

11. Thanks man. I will try to be less of a stranger. Every time i get on GS i cant help but light up and in turn get nothing done. :smoke::laughing:

12. Man-
    I really screwed up. Just when everything was going so great I almost killed two of them. Opened the tent today to find two of them wilted and dying. They drank all their water so fast!.. I hope they will come back because they look terrible. The leaves are all dried out and practically falling off. I have refilled their res to the absolute top and hopefully they will come back. I am a bit depressed

13. Give it a few days. Hopefully they will be OK. They may look worse before they look better

14. so pissed at myself. they might have been out of water for a day or two. i really hope they come back. Any suggestions for something i can do to help them out?

15. So sorry to hear. :(

Hopefully they will come back for ya. We are only human after all, we all make mistakes. If ya wanna cheer yourself up, go look at my journal and see all of em I've made :rolleyes:
    You love and care for your plants, thats been seen all through this journal :) dont kick yourself too hard ;)

[​IMG]

16. Hey LL...:wave:

A mutual friend asked me to drop and say hi...

What's done is done...can't change that, so let it go...shit happens...;)

Unfortunately, it sounds like you've caused your plants major stress...rooster is right, all you can do now is wait...and yes, they may look worse before they look better...don't give up!

Be extra vigilant on everything for the next week or so...check things twice a day if possible...try as much as possible to keep things good to eliminate other possible stresses...

Looks like you were doing well before, so it's not like you're flying blind...

MJ plants are generally pretty hearty, so hopefully they will recover...but it will take time...more than likely you're looking at a week or possibly more...

Also, because of the stress, it might not be a bad idea to check your plants over the next bit for signs of hermies...;)

Hang in there lady...best of luck...I'll check back in and see how it's going...:wave:

17. thanks for all your advise everyone. I will be watching these babies like a hawk and updating frequently. at least some of the leaves are still not drooping but most of the plants are. they look like little wilting sticks- and it is so sad.

18. i am so tempted to go and look at em but they are sleeping. so worried:( hopefully they will perk up

19. The Waiting truly is the hardest part huh :( If you would like some company to hang with, check out this place growers coffee lounge lots of fun peeps to hang with :) just skip to the last page and say high, its easier that way trust me ;)

[​IMG]

20. #40 ladylungs, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Day 41 of flowering

I ended up removing the dead bud sites that dried up when I ran a couple of my plants out of water. The rest of the plant looks pretty good. I have noticed that they don't seem like they are getting any taller because I haven't had to move the light up much. Hopefully I haven't stunted them too bad.

I was also looking at them today under no light and it looks like the buds are developing some brown hairs. I didn't think that they started getting brown hairs till they were pretty much done. You cant really see the brown hairs under the HPS.

My temps are good even though it is really hot these last couple days. It never gets hotter than 92 under the lights- (is that to hot?). Tomorrow I am going to try to get an accurate reservoir temp. My PPMs are at 1300-1400. The roots look good and healthy.

Hopefully they are doing ok. Keep the suggestions rolling and thanks everybody!

Here are some pretty terrible pics. Please let me know what you think,

Attached Files: