Ladyburn 1974 fem issues, love opinions...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chef423, May 27, 2012.

1. #1 chef423, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    I am seeing people complaining about th3 seed bank I retrieved this strain from, so i am not sure if I just have lame seeds, or its me (pH, high(er) OR heat, only two potential issues I can assume, but I would love opinions)

Strain: Ladyburn 1974 feminized seeds came sealed in a 5 pack that said Green House Seeds on it.
    I germinated 2 of the LB seeds about 6-7 weeks ago, the first seed about 11-12 weeks ago...I have posted pics of both. They seem bent, warped, and stunned growth. Hardly any sites are being produced.

Data about my room is below:

Room Size:
    Grow room:18/6 light cycle 6.5'x3'x8' (158sq.ft) with a 386w T5 Veg light 4'...the temp in room w light (on)70F (off)67F
    Bloom room:12/12 light cycle 6.5'x6.5'x8'(338sq.ft) 600w HPS with 6" Hurricane cooling Sunlight Systems Magnum XXXL 6" Reflector...the temp(on) 86F (off) 72F (reading taken from meter that hangs outside of glass on the edge close to bulb, hung in room temp is around 80 with light on, maybe a bit lower).
    Humidity is around 45%-50% for both areas, sometimes lower, usually 60% for 24 hrs after watering the 3 plants. I would like it 10% lower...grrr.

I am using Fox Farm's soil line...Bloom, Grow (4 soil), Tiger, MicroBio, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching and running about 1/2 strength based on their projected feeding schedule....So when they say add 15ml per gal, I add 7.5ml...usually gets their projected EC close...and I also just go buy what they plants tell me...thats really what is important, but these 2 'Burns are not responding.

On these 2 (LB1974) only using Bloom and Grow with a 1 to .5 ratio...EC around 1.2 (for both) pH was low at first, around 5.9 so I have been using a new pH up as of today...two weeks ago I started to pH the water UP to near 6.4 or a tad higher...I wasn't thinking, and just getting my setup going in this area i didn't realize I needed to pH the water (UP) after newting it (where I moved from you didn't, just add grow for my mother and that was it, grew like gangbusters). Now I have been upping the 2 (LB1974) solution for about 2 weeks now, seeing some better growth but no where near what I am used to seeing over my last 6 yrs of cultivating with other plants.

Water supply is "city" but I am right near the mountains so tap water does not make my Truncheon flash at all...pH from tap around 6.3-6.4 (isnt that really low for city water??) I only use Micro Essential Hydrion Test Papers (roll) 5.5-8.0 accurate reading

I did get a SFB (seed from bag) up 6 months ago (that i am currently flowering) that did not need any fooling with (the pH) it just grew, and grew WELL (about 4' now and really healthy). So the...SFB, green and huge...Ladyburn, stunned growth and weird looking....any ideas?

Thanks! :)

I can provide any other info...exhaust is a 6" Vortex over a 400CFM Carbon filter venting out of the flowering room. Another 4" inline fan moves air from mother room to flower room...Veg room is connected to the entry door to the entire grow room...

First 3 pics are the younger of the 2. :smoke:

Attached Files: