Lady bugs or bugs bugs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TreeFiddy4566, Nov 2, 2018.

1. so I’ve seen this stuff over the last week. I’ve been on a couple of forums, but nobody seems to know what it is. I was thinking thrips, but people aren’t sure. They think possibly something like a caterpillar or something big, but I don’t see anything. Suggestions?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. the yellow lady bug is a clue

well feed to by the look of her

good luck

3. I don’t understand. What does that mean? Can you explain pleaE

4. The minor abrasion of your leaves could be from handling, but I did notice some white spots on your leaves that are an indicator of spider mites, and the presence of the ladybug could be another indicator of them as well. Check the underside of your leaves for tiny (like tip of a pin small) tan/red/brown/black spots which move so slowly you can hardly see movement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’ll be checking tonight once the lights come back on. Can spider mites do that type of damage to leaves?

6. #6 AJSpencer, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Ladybugs are carnivores, don’t eat plants. But they do eat aphids, and if they’re starving they’ll eat spider mite, whitefly, etc. So, keep them around.
    Spider mite are easy to see and by the time you see damage you can usually see webbing or locate a hot spot where they’re going to town on the plant. Two-spotted spider mite (most likely) is greeny yellow with two black spots if you look closely.
    That doesn’t look like spider mite damage to me. It could be a lot of things, including a feed issue, but either way it doesn’t look significant enough to worry about unless you find an area that looks worse.
    The holes in the leaves are probably a catapillar of some sort. The best product to use for catapillars, or any bug that takes big bites out of the plant like that, is BT.

7. If you're talking about the leaf tearing/abrasions, I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Spider mites bore into the leaf and suck out the juices. That's what creates the white spots on the leaves. I think that before damage from spider mites got to the point that it was tearing all the way through your leaves, your plants would be covered in webs.

I have similar damage to the little tears you have in your leaves on several of my plants. As far as I have observed and inferred from when and where on the plant they've appeared, they're pretty much all from handling the plant less gently than I ought to.

Added in edit: What AJSpencer said is right. If you have spider mites, it's really minor at this point. I only saw a couple of white spots.. might just be the photo quality. And yeah,... could well be caterpillars. I'm an indoor grower so I rarely think of caterpillars. ::shrug::

8. I don’t really see anything, but I did see something on the bottom of the leaf that kinda looks like a flake of dry skin if that makes sense. It was really small. Anybody know what it might be an indicator of?

9. I would be able to see a caterpillar tho, right? I don’t see anything except the lady bugs and that what looks like a small flake of skin or something

10. I just looked today when lights came on and this is what I see

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. So you haven't found the culprit? Are you growing inside or outside?
    This is what I found on your yellow Beetle that you have there's two different species one's a good one and one's bad one.
    I don't think you got the bad one they hang out more on squash and melons.

You'll have to Google it though this site won't let me load up a picture on here so you can see it for yourself

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah I’ve seen that, but I figured they would all be lady bugs since I bought them in a pack. The beetles that I’ve googled don’t seem to look like the bad kind. As far as right now, I still don’t know what eating my plants. I’m still looking every day, but having found a culprit. There are more lady bugs on the leaves now, so I assume they’re still looking/ eating bugs. The bits in the leaves aren’t super bad yet, but yeah.... still haven’t found a culprit

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m growing indoor in soil

• Like Like x 1
  14. Okay good soil is always good I think I like to grow in soil myself I consider myself to be almost all organic farmer not quite 92% got a ways to go yet. But if you come across those Critters that are eating their way through your plant. Let me know I can help you out with some organic remedies that are inexpensive and that will definitely kill most any bug thats a problem inside.
    I've been recently dealing with spider mites and aphids also powdery mildew. I have won the battles I can't find any on my plants right now no eggs no adults no p.m. I keep a regiment up of treatments up now that I do each week that are all organic. That's how I stay ahead of them now. Not only that but the remedies that I'm using the plants actually really like it a lot.
    And that's a big plus.

15. And it finally let me load it up so the first pick is a regular ladybug and the second pic is the bad ladybug[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Good god. That beetle looks gross. Yeah. I’m 99.8% sure it’s not a beetle. I’ll be checking again once I get home in A couple hours. So if it’s not the beetle, what else could it be?

• Like Like x 1
  17. They seem to be doing good today tho. No noticeable holes

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. 3rd and 4th bottom left plant, is super short and busy. Idk how this one will do. There’s such fat fan leaves that it covers up

• Like Like x 1
  19. The fat fan's see a good sign that it maybe Indica or more Indica than Sativa. Maybe? There are so many hybrids strains?

20. Well until u fined it ?