Ladies: What do you look for in a guy?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by J-DILLA, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I'd be willing to bet that I probably play more video games in a week than my boyfriend and all of his friends combined.

2. Cockiness is not attractive. Confidence is attractive.

The kind of guy I've encountered, the kind that "will work his ass off to make [me] happy", is also the kind of guy who tries way too hard.

Nice and caring is attractive. Insecure and needy is not attractive.

I don't like it when guys try to win me over... I can't shake the feeling that it's completely fake and contrived, and that there's likely an incentive involved.

3. I must say that cocky douchebags piss me off and I really do hate them, but for whatever reason I respond positively to guys that treat me like shit. I don't like them but they're the ones I end up with so deep down I guess I do like them.

4. I look for manliness, basically. Hah. Also, a good sense of humour and open-minded. Confidence is very important (but not super cocky or anything).

Physically - nice hands and taller than me.

5. LMAO why do girls love to treated so badly. Like I remember one time I was a dick to this chick on purpose and I fucked her so easily.

6. Doesn't it make them seem more nice during the times that they are, though?

Or is it the thrill of trying to see if being with you changes that person?

7. you can't picture anyone beyond 21 not satisfied with life?

how many of your friends have hobbies and work 40 hours a week, video games and boardgames don't count.

are you seriously satisfied and happy just because you go to a restaurant? most places are nasty with low quality food.

maybe he doesn't want to go walk around pointlessly or he doesn't need anything? most guys don't like shopping aimlessly.

since when do all movies not blow? once in a while there's a good movie that comes out in theatre, the rest aren't worth mentioning.

8. I can't picture someone with a girlfriend who does nothing but sits inside all the time instead of enjoyin the outside world once in a while with she whom you supposedly love. Not sure what the hell you're on about.

9. well, what exactly do you do for fun besides post on an online community forum.

i'm sure the guy goes and watches a movie at a theatre or gets a bite to eat, doesn't mean he always has to decide where the both of them go.

i'd personally rather have the women chose the movie or where we went to eat, it's just one meal i'm eating, it's not like it's the last thing i'll ever eat or watch. i guess i'd rather see her interests than watch my own, it's more exciting.

so, enlighten us on what you do to enjoy yourself.

10. Rather irrelevant but sure, I'll abide. Not sure why you're getting so defensive, are you one of those whom sits at home all day?

You don't have to answer, i'm just being a dick.

During the times i had a significant other, I would ask her, of course, what she would like to do on that specific day. If she replies with a "I dont know" or "i dont care" then of course im gonna take the initiative to choose a destination.

Thanks to living out here in beautiful california, there are plenty of activities to enjoy. Spring/Summer time is upon so, so we can take a nice stroll to the beach. The activities there are endless, you can enjoy the scenery at a nice restaraunt. You can take a cliche stroll down the wetsands or the cliche sex. Walk on the pier and go fishing while hiding your blunt from people. Plenty of bars all along the beach to go in and get a little playful. Bike rides. Kites. Volleyball. Bonfire. Surfing if you're into it. The list goes on. Or you can just sit in your room.

We also have our beautiful snowy mountains that are not that far away. I'm sure you can picture what you can do there.

Enjoying the LA city night life, decent restaraunts there as well. Get baked and enter a museum. It's not only about just showing up and doing what you wanna do, it takes planning also.

We can go swimming in my pool in the back yard. Invite some people over for a smoke and a bbq.

Go watch the lakers or dodgers do work.

Try to visit the million bars around you to see which has the best french fries.

Go to santimonica pier on E and enjoy the ferris wheel.

Do i need to continue? I gotta take a piss.

11. You want to know what we do for fun in fucking Cowichen?

We farm, dude.

We farm for fun.

count your blessings.

12. Herb at least.

13. Man, have you tried smoking a carrot lately?

14. i'm not being a dick, i'm curious considering we live across the U.S. i moved from NY when i was young to a different state which lets just say i don't enjoy as much.

anyway, i don't see how any of those activities benefit you. yes, they all sound fun and like a great way to relieve boredom, especially drugs but how exactly do they positively benefit you? are you any closer to becoming a professional surfer? no probably not. make any side money? no probably not. do you spend money for happiness, exactly. i may just sit inside but i don't need anyone to bring me happiness or rely on any person or substance for a good time.

anyway, not starting a fight, i like you, just making a point that just because you sit inside doesn't mean you're a nerd, have poor social skills, i just quite honestly dislike society as a whole. i also feel the older you get, the more you realize this. so i guess going and getting a beer will make you happy, but it's only artificial.

15. #55 Tha Professor, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    Well I guess when it comes down to it, your just limiting yourself in life man. I think Mairuzu is trying to say is to surpass your comfort limit, and try and live life to the fullest. Benefiting from something doesn't always correlate with immediate success. Sometimes you have to sit down and take the time to find out exactly how your succeeding in some aspects.

You only live once man, you'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

16. Intelligence for sure. I don't care how good looking or great you are, if a brick has a higher IQ then you then forget it. I l want a man who'd make me smile a lot. He must also make me laugh..even though I laugh at everything...still! A man who'll listen, is respectful, trustworthy and of course is goal oriented. I don't have to date someone who is into smoking herb and other drugs but it is preferred because I'm sure that if I date someone who doesn't do anything and is cool about it at first, it will bother him eventually and I can't deal with that shit. I am too young to deal with someone holding me down as if he was my husband or something. Anyways, someone fun, someone into music (preferably the same music as me but again it doesn't really matter). For looks (notice I listed this as the last thing), any hair color really though I'm not a fan of redheads. Any race but for whatever reason I prefer white dudes. I'm not racist, I've liked black and Hispanic men before but I prefer white (European!!) and I also like light eyes...but again it's just a preference cuz my ex has brown eyes...so it really just depends on his vibe.

Uhhh, I think that's about it for now.

17. #57 Mairuzu, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010

I see myself as a young spirit enjoying the fun I have and the memories I attain. During my later years, if I manage to get that far, I see myself spending plenty of time in my home, but im young, lets go out and do all the shit I can, no?

Memories is where its at. Feelings. I fills my soul, it makes me happy. That's what it benefits. Is it so hard to see that?

I don't care about becoming a professional surfer, but by doing those activities, i do see myself as becoming better at surfing, and if surfing is something I like to do, then becoming better at it would satisfy me. Perhaps our minds work differently?

Don't get me wrong though, there are days where I come home from work, smoke a blunt, turn on lost and let bye gones be bye gones. I also eat everything in the fridge.

No need for side money, I'm content with what I have right now. If money happens to come, it is a benefit, not a requirement.

You don't need anyone to bring you happiness? What do you do when you sit inside your home alone that makes you happy? Surely it cant be watching tv, seeing how people operate those, thus having people make you happy. Surely it cant be the video games you play that people made to make you happy. Etc, etc.

You can dislike society all you want, but the things you do so happen to enjoy is because of society.

18. i don't dislike everyone, just generalizing into a large group. don't get me wrong, it's great to live life and go out and do those things, i used to be a pretty crazy kid. remember my first time i was offered marijuana is after i moved from ny at 7 and into these apartment complexs down south. said it was like a hot tootsie roll. since then i always hung out w/ older kids until i stopped hanging out with people completely. i don't see the point anymore, i've turned somewhat cynical of other people and don't really care for there company anymore.

i hardly watch t.v. and haven't played video games since middle school. honestly, nothing in life makes me happy other then when i talk to myself. that's the most fun i ever have. me high and talking to myself = hilarious and then just reading GC stories gives me new impersonations to imitate and such. as i said before, i don't hate most of society, i'm sure i'd get along with most introverts perfectly fine.

19. Just live your life how you want to and don't let no one put you down. :)

20. this is precisely why i sometimes gravitate toward douche nozzles