Ladies - Birth Control methods?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by weedandbombs, May 13, 2010.

1. my girlfriend has the morena IUD. works perfectly for her. we can fuck all month long and she never has to worry. she doesnt even get a period but maybe every 3 or 4 months.

thing is tho, she only got it cuz the doctor said you have to have already had a kid. which she did. then after she was all healed up they stuck that in her and now everything is great.

but IUDs are the best bet for the lowest maintenance method of BC. stick it in, go home, 3 weeks later, you can fuck the shit out of each other and not worry about anything.

2. I've done ortho novum 1/35 continuous cycle for six years now and I love it! I only take four inactive days every 9 weeks and I haven't even had a period in two years on the inactive days!

3. with the copper it works right away. haha! im currently sticking my tongue out at you :smoking::D
    but,
    what i was posting to you to say was - arent iud's the best! your girlfriend is a smart girl hahaha.

4. The IUDs don't hurt if you gave birth. That's why most doctors will wait until after you have a child.

And they say you can get pregnant the month after, but it's bullshit. A long period of time on any birth control will fuck with your cycle and ability to conceive, even after you've stopped taking it.

Everyone I know who have used bc for a long time (besides the pill) had to wait at least 2 months until their periods were semi regular and none of them got pregnant within 4 months after stopping.

5. This!

I have the mirena (the one with hormones). The hormones are a fraction of the strength of the hormones found in the pill and other BC. This is because its IN your uterus, not having to go through your whole body and whatnot.
    The only weight gain I've had is from eating too much and my mood isn't much different either.
    I have symptoms of my period (a little moodiness, cramps, etc) for maybe a day or two and about a light tampons worth of blood every 3 or 4 months.
    Ask for the shot of numbing stuff if you do get it, cause them shoving those things up your cervix without it is hell. I had discomfort for a month or so after I got mine (random cramps that hurt like a bitch), but that went away and (to me) was a small price to pay for 5 years of little worrying.

6. yes they are the best.

nothing like letting your eyes roll back and letting your helmet explode inside the bunker.

such a satisfying sensation. but you ladies dont know too much about that do you?

7. IUDs also increase the chances of you having an ectopic pregnancy which is EXTREMELY dangerous. And I believe they can also increase the chances of you not being able to have children once it's removed. There are some pretty heavy risks involved.

8. Why wait 3 weeks when you can do it the day of? I waited one day (but then again I've had no children.)

9. they dont increase it dude.

it kills the sperm, and the egg before they even meet.

the only chance that you have an ectopic pregnancy is if the thing didnt kill it right away and thats only a .001% chance of happening.

NOT having the IUD increases the chance of ectopic. so i dont think you know what you are talking about.

10. waited three weeks cuz the doc said that for it to be fully effective that the low dose of hormones in the thing need to settle in and your body needs to get used to it and you should have a period before you go at it just to make sure that its all as it should.

plus the fact that she had just birthed a child and so she needed to finish healing up from that before i started pounding away again.

it sucks tho cuz when she was pregnant she would get on top and face me and then do kind of a thrusting forward instead of in and out and it would hit just the right spot and she would gush so much that we ended up needing to put down a towel first.

but since she had the IUD she doesnt gush anymore unless she is like super uber horny. and she has to be reverse cowgirl or sideways and grab my leg like apole or something and do the forward thrust thing. and even then its not much just more wet is all.

so boo for BC.

11. No, it does increase the chances. Birth control fails and when this particular one does it increases your risk of infection, ectopic pregnancy and complications if pregnancy occurs.

12. Are you kidding?
    IUD - Intra-Uterine Device or IUS Intra-Uterine System

Me thinks YOU don't know what you're talking about.

13. You'd have to be numb from the waist down to not notice an ectopic pregnancy, but you're right, it is dangerous. This is why you need to pay attention to your body, especially if you're having a lot of pain and discomfort.

If you have infections while you have your IUD then there's a chance of infertility, but it doesn't appear that simply wearing it would cause infertility. I'd wager that some women were infertile before their IUD was inserted (how many of us check our fertility before we try BC? Really now, I have no idea how fertile I am or was, I doubt most women do, maybe I'm wrong?)

The thing with the IUD is to listen to your body and not be afraid of going to your doctor if you have concerns. Check your strings regularly and ask tons of questions in regards to what you should and shouldn't be feeling.

14. Oh, I almost forgot to add:
    If you decide to get an IUD, they can be expensive. When I got mine, the copper IUD was $600 plus a $75 insertion fee. If you go to the company's website, you can find paperwork to get it for free or reduced price if you are low-income. I only had to pay the $75 insertion fee.
    It probably depends on the place you get it done though. If you do decide to go with an IUD, I'd recommend Mirena over the copper, as it seems safer from what I have read. Yes, I know the IUD works for some people, and that's great. But it doesn't work for everyone.
    Here's another link: Intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control

15. No, I have given birth to my 19 month old daughter almost 20 months now, and yes it still hurts. It hurts no matter what, the REAL reason why they want you to have a child before you get an iud is because of the slight risk of infertility not pain.

and yes, thats why i said right after is a little bit silly, but women are different and it IS POSSIBLE for women to get pregnant right after comming off of it, and we're those methods hormonal that weren't the pill? because my iud IS NOT HORMONAL meaning when i take it out, its like it was never there and my body can concieve normally, please don't act like i don't know what i'm talking about. i spoke to numerous doctors about iud's and birth control.
    i'm also in college to be paramedic and i just finished a small gyno course.

16. holy shit thats expensive, i forgot how expensive stuff is there.
    downside to the states!

in canada mine was only $200! with no insertion fee.

ps* in the end. i hope the nuva ring works out for you lmfao.

17. Planned Parenthood did mine free.:hello:

18. Oh trust me, I know. In the middle of the night one night I woke up in HORRIBLE pain. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't sit, stand or even talk. It literally took me 90 minutes to CRAWL across my apartment to my roommate's bedroom and wake her up because I needed help. I went to the ER and they were sure it was a ectopic pregnancy -- which it wasn't. The pain went away an hour later and they never found out why it happened. The doctor said 'Maybe I had gas' I said, no farts have ever given me pain like that in my ovaries before. :rolleyes:

19. Agh my ovaries cringe in sympathy!

20. by it INCREASES is meaning "if you DO somehow get pregnant if an iud the chances for an ectopic pregnacy are higher" not that now that you get an iud, BAM your going to get an ectopic pregnancy.