Lack of Vertical Growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by morange, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Hey everybody I am growing some roadrunner automatics from dinafem that I got in a freebie seed pack, and I am a little concerned for the growth rate considering it is an autoflower.

I have 100 watts of light 6700k spectrum over each one. This one is 18 days old and when I was comparing it to other plants aged the same I noticed that she is lagging behind quite a bit it appears.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The lights are 2-3 inches from the plants, would it be good to raise the lights to make them stretch a little bit? Also there is a minor nute burn that you can see on some of the new growth but I have been giving it only water for the last 3 feedings. Temps are 75-80 degrees and humidity is 45-50%.

Does anybody have some advice on how to get me going in the right direction from here?

2. You mentioned that you have several other plants, yet this is the only one with stunted growth. I would raise the lights just a bit. Stretching may not be good for a seedling, but your plant seems well established and healthy.

Good luck with your grow. :D

3. I am also growing an autoflower at the moment and am noticing the same with my plant. You can check it out in my sig. Like Radicle said, I would also try raising the lights a bit. Other than the size it looks like a real healthy plant and doesn't seem to be showing any nute def.

4. Thanks for the input guys, I just raised the lights up a bit and I'll see how they're responding to it. Appreciate the input. Anybody with autoflower experience know when they tend to start switching from veg to flowering?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The reason they call it auto-flower is because you do not have to change light cycle times. I would read up on the plant and see what the seed company recommends as the best light cycle.

The one I have going right now need 20 hours on and 4 hours off. Yours could be different.

6. Yes I know they don't require a change in photoperiod to begin flowering I was just wondering at what point will the plant change by itself.

7. #7 emnabtnac, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    I have experienced this in one of my grows, there is no vertical growth and all branches grow horizantally. They were clones that usually grow about 3-4 feet during veg and another 1-2 feet in bloom but that batch never got over a foot during veg and at the end of the bloom cycle is was no more then 2 feet. The plant was very dark green during veg and flower, normally with new growths they are light green. But that batch was very dark and never had any light green.

edit: When flowering some of the leaves near the top of the main cola will canoe down and become a claw. I have no idea why this happens, it was a while back and I hope I never see it again.

8. Can we see updated pics?

9. If your raising the lights it will cause the plant to stretch more lol I think you ment lower the lights, because streching means its not getting enough light

10. dude just give the plant as much light as it can take and let it do its thing. just watch for pests and deficiency and the plant will do the rest. looks like you have got it in a big pot to so it will be good for some time.

11. I agree do not raise your lights. Stretching is not a good thing, it is the plant's efforts to reach the light when it isn't getting enough, and you don't want to induce stretching just to measure up to a ruler. You should be concerned with the number of nodes, not the height.

Just checking -- you have 100 actual watts or "equivalent" watts of light?

12. Okay I went and placed them back where they were before, and I have 100 actual watts over each, 4 100 watt equivalent (27 actual watts) per plant.