Lack of sleep is so much fun

Discussion in 'General' started by Cornflake, Nov 9, 2005.

1. I know I saw a thread like this before, heck maybe I even made it. But I've had such a trippy last couple of days so I figured I'd post anyway.

Previously I'd stayed up for 72 hours to see if it would make me trip or anything, I ended up with a sore throat and mild visual hallucinations.

What's happened recently is I've been forced into sleep deprivation due to an overload of school work and personal issues. I like to think I'm still fairly coherent, been posting here during my work overload cause I'm constantly typing and I don't seem to have horribly confused anyone yet.

This is not a total lack of sleep, I grab an hour or two nap whenever I can. Over the last 3 days I've had at least 7 hours of sleep. But it's far far trippier than when I just stayed awake for 3 days, and I don't feel that tired... except exercise has become difficult.

I've had two very vivid hallucinations today.

The first, some guy with a beard was standing in my room rambling something I can't remember but it seemed profound. I blinked and he didn't go away, I even stood up and walked around him. He did vanish when I tried to touch him though.

The second I saw a grey cat at my window. At first I thought it was real, but I asked my roommate why there was a random cat at the window and he said there was nothing there. I saw the same cat three times today, once it was inside on the windowsill but it vanished when I did a double take.

I did take 100 crushed morning glory seeds at around midnight on Monday but didn't notice any effects. So this may be contributing in part to this.

My dreams are also really stretched out. I slept for twenty minutes and it seemed like a full nights sleep. But they're frighteningly real, for about an hour after I wake up I'm waiting to wake up again and lose all the work I've done, hasn't happened yet but it would seriously suck.

Just thought I'd share and procrastinate a bit more. I'm so sick of writing essays, doing assignments and arguing with people. Only 2 days more of this chaos, hopefully I can stay sane.

2. Lol Nice..i hallucinated on a 6 day E-Binge...i was looking at a crossing sign, and i swear to god, 2 people were fighting..when i got closer and focused my eyes..its was a sign..lol, then i saw a giraffe crossing the street, but that was just a tree on the road...lack of sleep for 6 days + 23 Pills of E = Good Time

3. haha yea i was the one who made that thread. i barely sleep anymore, due to so much stress and shit i just idk gave up on ever being able to quiet my mind enough to passout. i havent slept or ate for 3 days and i feel like complete shit, i hope i pull out of this soon.

4. i get about 3 hours sleep a night...

5. i dont sleep, not cause i dont want too, but because i cant. i found these lil pills in my room that knock me the fuck out haha. i only have one left tho...

6. I've done overnighters for school and work-party-work-party-work weekends, but man I hate sleep deprivation. I'd rather be rested.

7. I had to house sit at 14 and being the responsible person didn't party in their pad lol

I sat around smoking bud drinking jolt coffee gatorade and a mixture of some dry gin and other assorted crap they said I could have that was god only knows how old and dyed with food coloring so they could make sure their kid wasn't stealing any ...lol needless to say it got the job done

After the first few j's the first cigs watching some tv getting the animals sorted I surfed the net baked as fuck while watching cable marathons and movies

I stayed up the whole week 7 full days without sleep...the place was in the boonies so it was pretty fucking creepy sober muchless stoned drunk and sleep deprived...by day 5 I was hearing shit that wasn't there...like inadudible mummbling that was really the pc's fans humming away

8. once i stayed up for 4 days straight, just as an experiment. at first it was hard to stay awake, but by the second day it was easy. i did have hallucinations though, sometimes i would look around and see this floating blue face, then it would change and dissapear. on the forth day i just passed out on my bed and slept all day.

9. most ive ever done is like 42 hours straight without sleep and i sat down for one minute and i guess during one of the blinks my eyes didnt go back up and i slept for mayb 20 some hours, im just a person that likes sleep, well basically i like hibernation but i still havent managed to sleep OVER 24 hours yet

10. I've been awake since about 9am yesterday morning. But I'm going to bed tonight. I just couldn't sleep last night at all; by the time I was tired it was too late. I had too much stuff to do today.

11. I ended up sleeping a full four hours today, the hallucinations are all gone. Now I'm just sleepy. Only 5 more pages and I'll be done my essays for the week :D

What I was trying to emphisize was that I got way more weird reality from the sparse sleeping than I have ever gotten from total lack of sleep.