Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Lack of a home

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SkateOG, Dec 23, 2012.

1. I'm stuck roaming the streets, but I got lucky enough to find a place with free wifi.

I've been out on my own for a while, trying to find food and a nice, warm place to stay. It's pretty complicated, though. I feel sick - physically AND mentally. This Christmas doesn't look too rewarding... but I know I'll be ok.

Have any other blades been in a predicament this depressing?

If so, what did you do to make time go by?

2. Why don't you have a home anymore? Stay warm mane!

3. why don't you try to find a friend that you cold stay with? and how long have u been out on the street

4. What part of the states are you in? Hopefully the west cost so it's a little warmer for ya. Sorry about your predicament stay warm and hopefully things will turn around for you!!

5. #5 Whatchujuanado, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    im assuming your using a cell phone to get on GC, if thats the case how are you paying the bill homeless? if so maybe consider using that money to put a down payment on an apptment and since your walking the streets all the time JOB SEARCH go to every place possible it won't hurt, it might take a week or two but if your determined and willing you can turn this situation around. Good luck

6. he said he's using wifi

7. #7 Whatchujuanado, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    wifi isnt screen that magically hovers in the air, you would need a device.

and regardless i was just trying to be helpful and give a suggestion

8. [quote name='"Whatchujuanado"']wifi isnt screen that magically hovers in the air, you would need a device.

and regardless i was just trying to be helpful and give a suggestion[/quote]

I have an old phone with no service. Luckily, it can still connect to wifi. Thanks for the advice though, man.

9. you should def try and find a job if your out all day, go place to place man it can't hurt

10. 1st off, I'm sorry you're in said situation. During this time of year, it must be especially difficult. I would suggest you find a homeless shelter. At least you would have a roof over your head and hot meals. Apply for unemployment and go to the unemployment office daily. They give classes to help you learn how to find jobs, improve interviewing skills, use computers for searching, etc. And most of all, I wish you much success. :smoke:

11. I know its the holidays and all, but I'm not afraid to say it.... smells like troll in here...

OP- have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. If your serious I wish you luck in lifes journey.

If you're trolling, FUCK YOU DALE!

12. I bet OP never even thought of looking for a job.

you guys give some killer advice....

13. [quote name='"TexBudster"']1st off, I'm sorry you're in said situation. During this time of year, it must be especially difficult. I would suggest you find a homeless shelter. At least you would have a roof over your head and hot meals. Apply for unemployment and go to the unemployment office daily. They give classes to help you learn how to find jobs, improve interviewing skills, use computers for searching, etc. And most of all, I wish you much success. :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks, dude. I've been trying my absolute hardest to find a steady job. It's pretty difficult to find jobs around my area, and the time of year doesn't help at all. On the bright side, I have great friends who are helping me out at the moment. I have a good amount of money saved up from my previous job, so I'm set for a while. Thank you for the advice, man.

14. Damn man. Ive never personally been in your situation.

Best advise i could give is go around to a hotels/motels. Ask to speak to the hiring manager directly, explain your situation let him know your willing to work hard.

Hell, they may let you stay in a room for free or at a discount price for working.

Good luck bro,

15. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']good luck man[/quote]

Thanks, dude. I'll keep my head up.

16. i'm sorry for your situation :(. the only good thing about hitting rock bottom is that you can only move up. i hope things start changing for you, positive vibes your way :smoke:

17. [quote name='"mogli"']i'm sorry for your situation :(. the only good thing about hitting rock bottom is that you can only move up. i hope things start changing for you, positive vibes your way :smoke:[/quote]

No worries! As the old saying goes: shit happens. These experiences always seem to have a happy endings. Thanks for worrying though, man!

18. move to an urban work trade farm

19. Man, it's fucking cold. I hope you guys are having more fun than I am!