Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Laced Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HellaFlushJdm, Aug 26, 2013.

1. #1 HellaFlushJdm, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    Okay so like all my other fellow stoners, I love weed and frown upon other drugs that are actually dangerous. Well one day, My 'friend' was like, "Hey man, wanna smoke?" So of course I obliged and he came over and we rolled 2 joints. I didn't notice anything odd about his weed except the fact that it was really broken up. I didn't think much of it but I asked him where he got it from. He said he found it in his brother's room and took it because his brother had been taken off to jail for a good time. But his brother is a known tweaker, a.k.a 'Meth user' around the area. I have heard of meth users smoking weed to help relieve their comedowns. It wasn't some chronic, more like some mids. So we kept smoking and I started getting a headache. We then went to my friend's friend house who was also a meth user and smoked weed for the comedown. We were smoking another joint when his friend said, "It tastes like meth?" And I said, "I don't really taste anything, are you sure?" And he said, "Oh I think it's just because I just got done smoking it so the taste is still in my mouth." So we finished off the joint and smoked a few bowls out of a bong. I didn't feel a different high or anything, just that crappy outdoor weed high. As with any marijuana high, I started getting the comedown, feeling tired, but my head was hurting even more. I felt like total crap, nauseous, with a headache, and extremely tired. I decided to go home because of how horrible I felt and as soon as I got home I think I fell asleep, I can't really recall. I woke up the next day feeling worse, exactly like if I was getting a cold. I went to the hospital and was asked if I smoked, I said no because my Mother was there and I didn't want her to know I did. The nurse said she wanted to know because smoking could be the reason for my cold. They took my temperature and blood pressure and everything and concluded that I had an upper respiratory infection, also known as a common cold. So I went home and felt like crap for about 2 more days until I finally recuperated.  Could it have been that his brother's stash could have been laced with meth? I heard you can't lace weed with meth because it just melts. But then again, is it normal to get a common cold from smoking weed? And if it was laced with meth, wouldn't I have been awake and up for sometime? Oh, and also, my other friend didn't really seem to get a different high or anything either, but he has experimented with meth before himself, just like his brother.  I'm terrified of even having the chance of smoking that crap, it's been bugging me for months and I'm really depressed from it, It'd be glad to hear some of your guys' insights on this, Thanks

2. Sounds like you just got a simple cold.  Probably nothing to do with the weed.

I'm inclined to agree, mainly because laced weed seems to be a really rare occurrence.

4. this happened months ago and you're still worried about it?

5. #5 gigbite, Aug 26, 2013
    Sounds like you were just sick. I doubt it was laced, mostly because laced weed is pretty rare. Pretty sure I've only come across some once.

6. Yeah had something to do with the weed..... you got sick from one of your friends. That would be my guess you guys shared germs when smoking togerher.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. That's a pretty ignorant opening sentence, don't shit on other drugs when you probably haven't even tried them. But, I read through your post anyway.
    You went to the hospital for a common cold?! That leads me to believe you are prone to being a bit of a hypochondriac. 
    You'd know if you'd just smoked two joints and 3 bowls of meth-laced weed. You just caught a cold, maybe the symptoms were inflamed by harsh smoke entering your throat and lungs?

8. You got your answer from a trained medical professional. Not much else a bunch of stoners who have never seen you can really add. You had a cold. Case pretty definitively closed.

9. ive had a similar experience people around these parts do it. irs known here as having a snowcone idk about any meth tho. ive seen it done with the 'legal highs' like white revolver and what not. Definitely not my cuppa tea. I got the headache thing you described. if it was meth I doubt you would fall asleep like that.

10. #10 gigbite, Aug 26, 2013
    [quote name="Jumpfruit" post="18578379" timestamp="1377528217"]That's a pretty ignorant opening sentence, don't shit on other drugs when you probably haven't even tried them. But, I read through your post anyway.You went to the hospital for a common cold?! That leads me to believe you are prone to being a bit of a hypochondriac. You'd know if you'd just smoked two joints and 3 bowls of meth-laced weed. You just caught a cold, maybe the symptoms were inflamed by harsh smoke entering your throat and lungs?[/quote]That's really not that ignorant. I don't think he was saying all other drugs are bad and awful. Just that they frown upon ones that are known to be very damaging, like meth or something. You don't have to try meth to know it can be very very dangerous, and can ruin your life.

11. not that i can say from experience but if you actually did meth i think youd definitely know it and not mistake it for a common weed high. so you probably got sick from touching the same pipe as all those other people in one day.