Laced Marijuana

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BunnyToast, Oct 19, 2011.

1. I'm not all too sure where to put this, but I just decided to put this here.

The other night I was at a party we were smoking reefer with some of my dank sativa and some stuff that the other person had. The stuff the other person had was noticeably strong because my usual hits were way too much from it. But anyway, I started tripping so badly, could barely walk, only slept 5 hours last night (which is really unusual for me), and I feel super nauseous. Now I've definitely been tripping on weed enough to experience tripping and stuff but this was a bit much. Does anyone think it could have been laced? And if so, what is it likely to be?

2. No, it's not ergonomical/economical for someone to do that. Did you see the stuff that he put in it? Could it have been a topping of Salvia ?

3. No I never got to see the stuff we had, it was always just kind of... away the whole time. They did ask me if /my/ supply was laced which it was most definitely not, and if they ever mixed it, it wasn't in front of me.

4. Honestly it sounds like you smoked some real dank weed.

Most people don't lace weed with anything they cut it with stuff to make it heavier an make a bigger profit but no one laces it cuz it's so unprofitable.

5. The bigger myth, is the one floating around suggesting that people don't lace weed to increase their profits! :)

People certainly do underhandedly lace weed. :( It happens, and not always when the buyer is expecting it or looking for it. In your case OP, for the sake of the party the other fellow may have done it intentionally, wanting to show off and to get people thinking that he had some 'extra strong bud'... or, he may have bought it unknowingly.
    It does seem odd that others were asking if the bud at the party was laced, as well, and cannabis usually makes a person (once they do fall asleep) sleep a little too well after over-consumption, but certain inhalable psychoactives can cause reduced sleep.

When you've seen just how crappy and low-grade some imports can be, it's easy to understand why lacing herb can be a financially savvy route for certain underhanded businessmen.
    Most folks making smaller purchases expect to see the product before they buy it, sample it, even. But that's often not the case when buying in bulk, to the tune of a couple hundred (or more than a few thousand) pounds.

For instance, a dealer drops a huge load of cash on a product that, ultimately, he simply can not sell, as-is.

He breaks through the first few feet, and finds the core of each bale is vastly inferior to the outside, and even the outside may not be so good. Many people use solvents to extract glandular material, then re-dry the cannabis before selling, even and especially on a large scale. This can render bud virtually impotent, even if it still looks pretty decent and intact. The trichome stalks and cuticles (heads) are often still present... just virtually emptied. When a buyer is in that situation, right now, as it is, it's either a 100% loss or a huge amount of effort and time to extract what little hash there is, when he may or may not even be able to move it in his market.

Keep in mind, that when you get down to it, cannabis is a considerably tame drug and people are really not expecting THAT much from it and many of those who consistently smoke low-grade often don't even know what to expect, so it doesn't take much of certain hard, and synthetic substances, to provide a pretty intense sensation.
    Wetted, laced, and re-dried, for a very small cost, a dealer who makes an extraordinarily bad buy can at least make something back without losing the next connection, who may be expecting this next haul in a timely manner. When larger amounts change hands, and it goes between dealers who use very little, or none of the cannabis themselves, it's very easy and at dealer-rates it's surprisingly cost effective to lace inferior product. These days, hard drugs are often cheaper than cannabis anyhow, and you only need a tiny amount of these less-expensive substances to cause something like the level of effect, that a cannabis user would expect (albeit an odd, and suspicious effect).

I've seen it happen with my own eyes with a huge quantity, they were quite experienced when it came to doing it, and they acted as though it was business as usual and fairly common in their line of work, not just among themselves, but among many of their competitors, and it was the first, and the last time I ever associated with these fellows (I've never been into anything 'big' of course, my time with them was purely social). It reminded me why I haven't bought a bag in well over a decade :)

This is why they need to just end the prohibition of our canna, in such a way that we can all grow our own, without risking threat from 'authority figures' and from unscrupulous salesmen.

6. I thought about that... but I mean all that I get is pretty dank. Usually I can handle dank weed, but not this stuff.

Oh and that was beautiful said BadKittySmiles. :)