La Diva Autoflower w/ no grow room.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BikesNBlunts420, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I was recently given a seed for some La Diva Automatic. I don't currently have any equipment to grow. I was considering just growing it in a med-large flower-pot with some basic potting soil, some tomato fertilizer, and a couple of CFL bulbs. I was wondering if anyone had experience with an Auto-strain and limited to no equipment. This isn't my first grow, just my first without an actual grow-room. I understand that I will get a better yield with some actual gear. Just want some advise/chatter about how this experiment could turn out.

2. What does auto flower mean. I could take a good guess would rather get a good explanation

3. Auto flower plants don't need a light flip to flower.

As for your grow, go for it. this isn't your first rodeo so you know a little of what to expect.

Make sure you get the right light spectrum with the cfl and keep them close so the plant doesn't stretch a whole lot.

4. La Diva Automatic seeds are not cheap. I would buy Fox Farm Ocean soil at least. It only $11.50 a bag. Don't use regular soil. I have some of these seeds but haven't started planting mine yet.

5. #7 BikesNBlunts420, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Again, thanks mate. What's a good place to purchase this soil? I found lights, nutes, soil, and timers on amazon, but I am kinda sketched out by buying all this shit at once with my visa card. Seems like a red flag if an entire grow kit is bought at once? Also, is tomato fertilizer actually a good call or should I go with something else?

6. Autoflower plants mj plants from the ruderalis type of plant. Its neither sativa or indica. Pure Ruderalis has no THC. They were mainly grown in the former Soviet Union northern areas for hemp production. The characteristics of the plant is its small, has no dark requirements and can often be grown from seed to harvest in under 60 days.

Flash forward to today there cross bred with other mj plants indica/satvia strains to produce THC. In the past..90s auto flowers sucked today there considerably better and produce excellent results. For new growers there a excellent choice as they are very fast growers usually, and don't have all the requirements that photoperiod cannabis has.

Downfalls are that the levels of thc are often not there...very small plants a lot of times.

7. [quote name='"BikesNBlunts420"']Again, thanks mate. What's a good place to purchase this soil? I found lights, nutes, soil, and timers on amazon, but I am kinda sketched out by buying all this shit at once with my visa card. Seems like a red flag if an entire grow kit is bought at once? Also, is tomato fertilizer actually a good call or should I go with something else?[/quote]

I use Amazon a lot for my purchases. I wouldn't be to paranoid with making purchases from them. After all you're only growing indoor tamatoes right? :) I suggest locating a local Hydropronics shop and purchase the soil there because the soil cost too much to ship. I would also purchase the Fox Farm Trio pack for soil. Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (Pack of 3 - 32 oz. bottles) by Fox Farm

List Price: $48.95 Price: $46.37 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver (Amazon)

61oaXp_ordL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

8. You, good sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks.

9. Here's what your La Diva Automatic will look like if grown right. Isn't she a beauty!
    [​IMG]

10. Another Question to those who have been kind enough to help me so far, If I am considering getting Full-Spectrum LED Panels, can you provide me with ideal specifications?

11. #13 TruePlanet, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    Here you go. advancedLEDLights.com and CaliforniaLightWorks.com oh, and these are deffinately not Christmas tree lights!

12. [​IMG]
    La Diva Done

13. :O x 1000

14. get a t-5 ho.root organic original soil.

15. I have finally set up my room. I opted to go with 2/3 Fox Farm Ocean soil 1/3 peat moss and vermiculite mixture. Bought Fox Farm's nute tri-pack too. Currently have a 15w LED panel hanging, but am concerned it will not be powerful enough. I intend to hang it about 3" above the top of the plant and will raise it as growth occurs. How am I looking?
    Will be adding fans once there is a full set of leaves.
    [​IMG]

16. Also, This is officially turning into my grow journal thread. I will be posting photos once a week until curing is finished. Anyone who wants to keep up and give me advice is welcome as ANY advice is greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows how I can change the name of this thread, I'm trying to do that to draw more people in.

17. I don't know if it's still possible to change the thread title but normally you do it like this:

Go to the first post and click 'Edit' in the lower right corner. Press on 'Go Advanced'. Now you should be able to change the title. Click 'Save' afterwards.

~CanGrower