L.e.d

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Naltron69, Jun 10, 2011.

1. #1 Naltron69, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    100W White High Power LED

$199.99

100 Watt High Power Bright White LED. Ideal for making light sources for video camera, fish tank, car, pool and RC Toys. Quantity: 1pc Lens Color: Water Clear Emitted Color : White DC Forward Voltage (VF): 30~35 Vdc DC Forward Current (IF): 3800mA Viewing Angle: 140 Degree

• Intensity Luminous (Iv): 6000~7000LM
    100W White High Power LED

100W LED Heat Sink

$47.50

Aluminum Heat Sink 100% Fit for 100W High Power LED's Cooling. They will do great favor for cooling your 100W High Power LED light and making the LED last longer!
    Voltage: DC12V Current: 0.09A Max. Air Flow:41.62CFM Aluminum heatsink size: 92x30mm Fan Size:92x92x25mm Fan Speed: 2500+/- 10% R.P.M Material: Aluminum & Plastic

OKKKKK these are some bad ass 100w l.e.d's ....these things differ from other current grow bulbs and fixtures BECAUSE these motherfukers have a LOT more light penetration... Comparable to that of a 400w HID light

This my friends is revolutionizing , this innovative design is going to spark growers all over.

So i found a cheaper retailer that will sell these 100w L.E.D's with a fixture and everything, for only 50$ lol WOW!

2. And just for later discussion, my light intensity comparison between the 100w led and 400w HID is more of an educated guess.

3. led is a joke still. you`ll be much happier with the 400 watter

4. ...only reason people think l.e.d is a joke b/c these dumb ass l.e.d "grow lights" are just a bunch of fukn 2watt l.e.d's stuffed in a heat sink....

Think about it, thats the only reason l.e.d's dont do as good as a job...b/c they are like cfl's and lack penetration....these 100w l.e.d's should easily compare to metal halides + more

5. #5 noviceGrower420, Jun 10, 2011
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...m-little-veg-tent-mother-area-all-active.html

thats a link to my grow area, you can see where my led setup is. Those are two, 90w (actual) led ufos. Dont get me wrong, they do a great job. But they cost 200 dollars each. 400 dollars. my 600 watt in my veg tent pumps out a lot more bang, and cost 225 for the bulb(s)(mh/ and hps)/ballast/hood. 100 dollar inline. 325 total for a much much more efficient and sensible option. i could easily start and finish 6 plants under this baby, and with some work pull off a pound. No way i could with those two leds costing a total of 400. 4 of them probably wouldnt be the same(800 dollars).....

6. Naltron69, we all want your claims to be true.
    Best way to put out your message is to post pictures of your harvest and setup. Without the pictures we are going to dismiss you has another guy wrong about LEDs. Not a flame or disrespect my brotha, you have to understand we have been hearing the same claim for years now.

Post a few baseball bat sized buds you grew with a 100 watt LED, then tell us all about it.

Peace, R.

7. All i am saying here, is that these l.e.d's come in the 625nm wavelength and 2700/6500k spectrum and these l.e.d units are only about 3cm x 3cm in size.... It dosn't require a working knowledge of anything to conclude that these l.e.d's will in fact do the job much better...

UFO grow lights are made from like 2watt led bulbs....this L.E.D unit is sold High power LED outdoors light 100w ul products, buy High power LED outdoors light 100w ul products from alibaba.com For only 50$ for FIXTURE and ALL...plus shipping of course...

8. It takes someone who have actually used the product to know, not internet specs!!! And they dont even do the spectrums that you are claiming. They do 3500 and 5xxx. they arent for growing. You have to have them MUCH closer to the top of the canopy... If you are growing just 1 plant, then yeah thats a good option for you but you wont get very dice/nice buds.

9. What are you talking about...why would the manufacteur lie about the specs lol....And i know you can't see the wavelength at that website but if you search their are many ones with 625ish wavelength

And if you think logically about it... a 100W L.E.D the size of a twoonie give more penetration then those 2W L.E.D's THEY WILL!!!....

Just trying to make a justifiable argument...and for only 50$...wow....sure beats the hell out of those shity ufo lights

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Rumpleforeskin, Jun 10, 2011
    Says you.....

I have been growing weed for a long time and have heard a lot of wild claims. Don't get mad at us for being a bit skeptical. Makes for good science. I want your claims to be true. Please try to understand why we are full of doubt and are 99% sure you are wrong or misled.

Please show me the bud and shut me up. Real proof (not colorful graphs or charts) is not much to ask for.

11. #11 Naltron69, Jun 10, 2011
    Facts are facts lol, read these articles they are THEIR! If you want me to show you more links if your a lazy bone i will.

And the reason why some people have shity results with L.E.D's is usually because they use low powered bulbs....what im trying to say is this SHIT is new technology, noone probably has used these to grow yet, The facts are their..625'ish NM wavelength, and these places that sell these don't specialize in GROW lights, so why would they lie about their wavelength?? and THEY DO come in 2700 and 6500K

And your the only one who has said conclusively rumple that i was mislead or wrong.

Its qualitatively factual that these L.E.D's will be just as good as METAL HALIDES if not BETTER..., for their to be 100watts of power in a light, only the size of a twoonie, compare that to the part of a METAL HALIDE bulb, when i mean compare i mean to compare it specifically to the PART of the bulb that actually lights up (inside the bulb)...the amount of material that lights up in one of these bulbs is not comparable to the better size to light ratio of the 100w HIGH powered LED...

Just trying to show you..and dont feel be another one of those people who argues against no better...try and actually see what im talking abhout before you go about your snide comments

12. And again these places are selling these with reflector and heatsink READY TO GO for only 50$ for a 100w L.E.D....

13. Im going to start on this thread....building a 1000w L.E.D for grow....

14. I think I have been a gentleman in our dialog. It was not my intension to sound "snide".

Ok, I will. Show me an article with some nice buds being grown with that miracle LED lamp. After being lied to by LED manufactures all these years, you can't blame us for wanting to see some harvest pictures and true results.

Come on, why would you not side with us for be a bit skeptical? Not trying to be jerks for questioning data being put out from a LED manufacture. Want me to dig up some old LED facts that boasted incredible results. After all they said they had facts. Facts are facts right?

This I will not dispute, read Rumple's 2nd LED Challenge , LEDs have done very well if used to replace metal hailides during the growth cycle, but no one is disputing that (that I know of), we have the issue with claims it out performs High pressure Sodium lamps for flowering.

Whos facts? From what grower? Want to see some of my facts? I mean really see them, click here

Again, lets keep the dialog between guys who like to talk and debate about growing weed late into the night. Not a personal attack or dig on your intelligence. Keeping it a friendly chat my brotha in weed.

Last note: If by chance you are right, this time next year every indoor marijuana grower on earth willl be using them lights. I hope your right, but don't blame me if I don't hold my breath.

15. Cool cool, no I appreciate your respect thanks..

Your right...I didn't know their were problems out their from manufacteurs misleading people about their product...

Yeah im going to go ahead and build one of those 1000w LED.s with only 10 x 100w led.s, going to start a thread it will be sweet....I gota put this test to the challenge

The one thing that "IS" wrong with people growing with LED.s is that these lights they are using are literally only 1-2watts/per bulb...Thats TINNY when comparing to this largely lit 100w l.e.d with is about the same size of a toonie, or 5 little chip led's...

Yeah i dunno, this must be some pretty new technology having no one out their had tried these out yet.

16. #16 Rumpleforeskin, Jun 10, 2011
    Have you seen This?: Kessil High Wattage LED Grow Bulbs
    "The next level of LED lighting is here. Kessil presents H350 SPECTRAL HALOâ„¢ LED grow light, By incorporating the latest 90W Dense Matrix LEDâ„¢ platform, H350 produces an extremely bright, penetrating stream of light that reaches deep into the canopy of the plant. H350 also features a new vapor cooling thermal management system that directs heat away from the high-intensity LED core quickly, maintaining the light's efficiency and long lifetime. This high-powered device will allow LED grow lights to viably replace traditional methods of lighting."
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It seemed Kessil had a cool new idea, but after seeing how badly they grow weed if used alone. Two H350 could not replace a single 400 watt HID that was being used to grow the same plants for years. He harvested, but we both noticed how bad the bottom half of the buds looked and his yield and quality suffered. He now uses them as supplemental lighting and seems pretty happy with the results (but would love to have his money back). The other guys I know who have tried Kessil lights tell the same story and don't use them as the main source. I would hate to see anyone get suckered into buying Kessil lights.

I used the above quote in another LED debate

17. .... Wow...+rep and a friendly thank you....Im so happy you found that for me Rumple...saved myslef a lot of time and money, i've looked and looked and could not find a high powered led grow like the one you showed me,

Thread closed =/ Thanks rumple

18. You got me interested...

19. I know im still prety interested actually....

20. I am switching over and dumping my 400 hps for a 120w led. I don't need to grow more than 1 or 2 plants anyway. the cost for led has come down.