L.e.d grow light question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tobymac420, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Ok so I am planning on growig again and was wondering the last few times I grew I used cfl's and grew about 2-4 plants at a time in my closet. I am looking to do the same thing now but wanna use a UFO blue/red l.e.d setup what I am wondering is what wattage do I need for 4 plants in a dark closet. Thanks you guys so much and I was looking on eBay if your wondering.

2. before buying I would do some searches on the UFO and other LED lights. Theres a video of a ufo grow on youtube if you feel like looking at it.

3. Save your money and either go for a 600W System or CFL bulbs (both blue and red spectrum ones)

4. There will be a lot of disagreement coming from the members of this forum about LED lighting. The big thing is that it is so new that many people haven't tried growing with them. Also, they tend to be more expensive than traditional lighting alternatives. Not to say it doesn't work; I just don't have enough info.