L.e.d. D.y.i.?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by HyperBUD, Oct 11, 2012.

1. #1 HyperBUD, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    So I like building stuff my self, what do you blades think of this?
    This [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4avJ7F9QE"]Link[/ame]

2. That is awesome man, i personally would love to see a write up.

3. he's missing a heat sink. those high powered LEDS get really f'ng hot. wouldn't be surprised the led life shortened considerably the way he has it setup.

4. What proof do you have, or are you just hating? Do you at least have a diy. Technically the aluminium will act as a heat transfer medium. Not trying to be a dick, but this guy took the time to video his work and post it, and it is a clean job and you come in here and dont offer any suggestions just criticize his work.

5. ROFLMAO do I need a DIY to prove that heat pops electronics? No I don't he needs to either add a heat sink like budnewb said or he needs to come up with a serious way to cool them all down. If he gets a high powered enough fan you can make it cool off quite a bit. No hate just advice. I build these for a friend but never made a diy I might soon though. Not hard I just take a wafer board solder everything together, get the power in place, cool everything off with fans, and then move onto the next. DIY is definatly the way to go for LED

6. lol nobody is hating on the guys work. i've built some panels with 1w led in the past similar to the guy before and they get extremely hot. i don't know if you have touched one of these led panels before but if you did, you would understand. theres probably a reason why most LED fixtures or bulbs have fins/fans to dissipate the heat on em. if you don't have a way to channel the heat some where, the leds life will end sooner than later.

7. i liked the idea. im a fan of making my own stuff as well. so this design has heatissues? does anyone have a link to another diy led panel vid

8. Led panels especially ones with lots of lights get very warm. My ones I do for a friend are easy to add computer fans to keep constant air flow.

9. I suggest you look up PWM techniques (Pulse Width Modulation) for control.

Without it, you are gonna have major heat.