L.A. city attorney moves to shut down illegal marijuana dispensaries

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Oct 12, 2013.

1. I knew this was coming. I hope it does not affect the price. At least I know my fav dispensaries will remain open. I hope weedmaps is ready to do a massive update on L.A..

2. They do this twice a year it's a bunch of bullshit, if the dispensary you goto was established before 2007, then they are legally protected. If not, probably gonna get shut down. It doesn't matter either way because their is numerous delivery services and walk-ins, and I have 2 dispensaries for every mile in my city. 

tl;dr their fine.

3. They ain't legally protected from shit, the ones the city doesn't go after will be prime targets for the feds, as long as they are violating the guidelines recently laid out by the department of justice. Its about time for these dispensaries to start dotting I's and crossing T's and making sure they are complying with every rule, state and federal, and then and only then, will they be safe. Maybe.

4. They can just move the legal bar again and again until whatever their goals are can be achieved. That is the caveat with "medical marijuana."

Love how in the entirety of the article, the city attorney never once mentions if the needs of patients will be adequately addressed.

It's almost uncanny how I can take a guess at the background of these poltician lawyers being from HARVARD and be correct 99% of the time. Mike Feuer is yet another Harvard man I see. Make no mistake about it, he IS the FED, even if his title is city attorney. It's so predictable. Interesting he served on the city council when medical marijuana came to be in CA. Looks like more protectionism of self interests as usual. "Hey! That was supposed to be OUR profit hog!!" He's looking to scale it back to his list of preferred profiteers they had in mind back when he was on the city council, I'm sure. Dirty games as usual. It's politics.

5. Actually I'm really involved with this stuff and if your dispensary/co-op was established before 2007, then you won't get shut down. 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol good luck to them. He mentioned how many have shut down since D passed, but what he fails to mention is how many new ones have opened up in that same time period.

7. Yeah in this case, with so many dispensaries, they are gonna be playing whack-a-mole, but they will still be sending threatening letters, inspections, and other various forms of harassment, basically trying to scare people from opening anymore up. Its a surprisingly successful tactic but generally in smaller communities where farmers a more isolated and therefore, targeted easier.

8. Been over a month now and still nothing. One club that I've been to a couple times shut down after prop d was passed, and I just saw they re opened in the same place with a slightly different name. They can't do shit

9. They've been assembling a list of dispensaries and property owners for shutdown - one of them was a cop until they canned his ass yesterday when he popped up on the list.

10. not saying its not going to happen, but these "shutdowns" have been happening for years, many times a year at times, blah blah. when every single dispensary is gone, ill believe it/start growing.

11. Haha! That's funny I didn't hear about that did you post a link to that story? And dam then they've got quite the job ahead of them because more dispensaries have opened since prop d passed.

• Like Like x 1