Kylas cabinet cfl grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kyla420, Apr 10, 2015.

1. #1 kyla420, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
    hey folks, I have my new cabinet up and running. I'm new to cfl growing so I'd be happy to hear any suggestions. I'm running with a 250w reVolt 6500k cfl up top with the reflector and I have 6 23w 6500k cfls for side lighting. Ive got my cabinet lined with Mylar sheeting and I have 2 110cfm computer fans for intake at the bottom and 2 110cfm computer fans up top for exhaust. I also have 4 small desktop fans inside rhe cabinet running for air circulation. I have always grown with soil so I decided to stick to soil for for the first couple ladies until I'm comfortable with Cfl growing. I'm using an organic potting mix from a local nursery and I'm using the fox farms trio for nutrients with a bit of humbolts secret as a supplement during stressful times. I have 2 ladies in my cabinet right now but I think In the pic you can only see one (the other is behind). The plant in the pic is about 5 weeks from seed. I'm thinking about switching her to 12/12 soon. Also maybe top first? You can maybe see in the pic 2 red solo cups with clones. One I'm pretty sure is dead but the other is fighting to root. Anyhow let me know what you think!
    image.jpg

2. Looks pretty sweet!

3. Thinking about harvesting, I'm in week 8 of flower, the hairs don't look quite done to me but I'm starting to see Amber trichomes. What do you all think, harvest tomorrow or wait until next weekend? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433020142.126435.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433020157.468413.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433020169.540499.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433020181.496865.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433020191.568690.jpg

4. If it were me, I would try to wait, but I get pretty impatient. It always always always comes out better when I wait. I've started marking my calendar and I refuse to let myself harvest before the date I set when I begin flower. Either way, it looks like it's going to be bomb. Congrats.

5. Never go by exactly days on the calendar. Your buds will tell you when it's time. Your buds swell tremendously is the later stage of flower, conveniently, it tends to happen right after the 'good enough' stage when most people chop. But you can't deny yourself or the plant of being as optimal as it can be. I'd actually wait 'til the leaves deplete themselves to chop. By then the calyxes will be swollen and pistils will be retracted and trichomes will be at their peaks.

6. Thanks you guys for the advice. It's so easy to talk myself into an early harvest.