Ky State Police Prep For Marijuana Sweep While Veterans Fight For Ptsd Treatment

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by whimsical, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Here is a short article outlining the KSP's plan to sweep the state for marijuana. I gather they are looking for outdoor grows in the rural areas. I'm assuming eastern Kentucky will be highly surveyed, as they increase searches with the more fields/crops/plants they find. This is a sad day for Kentucky, spending tax payer dollars on non-violent offenses. Especially when plucking those plants could result in yet another person filing for government assistance.

If you live in the area, please write your senator. Here is a link to NORML.org and another to Marijuana Policy Project. Both have information to become active in the pursuit and the latest news.

Posted later in the day, veterans are pushing the legalization of medical marijuana for the treatment of PTSD. This is an incredible step for Kentucky and for those in need of relief. Kudos vets and much respect! I and many others will be supporting your efforts.

Maybe these sweeps can be replaced with dispensaries of legal medical marijuana. Dispensaries providing more tax money, reducing jail population, creating jobs, and helping people live happy lives; as opposed to spending tax dollars, increasing non-violent incarceration rates, destroying products created in the USA, and adding unneeded stress in the lives of many.

2. Anything called a statewide "sweep" is going to include entering homes.

That's unsettling. I wonder if they'll be using infrared cameras/lighting to search for indoor growing. It would be kind of silly to do that in the middle of the summer.

Do you have any suggestions for the stealthy people? Temp. control, proper ventilation, and monitoring electric use are the only things coming to my mind.

4. Ever heard of FLIR? Maybe do some research on your local LEO tech.

Also, i don't think they'll be randomly going door to door, but they might cruise around looking for anything suspicious, and they'll most likely make a list of locations and/or "persons of interest," and they may indeed use the knock and intimidate tactics. It's a good time to become obsessively familiar with your rights in regard to the law, so that if they don't actually have anything, you could successfully invoke the 4th amendment argument, and not allow them to trick you into admitting anything that gives them "probable cause," and not allow them to enter the premises without a warrant.

Otherwise... anyone with an indoor op might want to prepare themselves for a rapid crop disposal, just in case, or even make the tough decision to abort now, until the heat cools down. Obviously, no one wants to do that... but it's better than getting popped. And, in the meantime, it will infuriate you to the extent that you'll end up becoming very familiar with laws, and how to go about attempting to change them.

All i can really say about stealth tips, is the stuff any stealther should already know: eliminate anything that could make you a target. Weird heat sigs blowing out of odd places, hot spots, radio interference, odors, anything. I'm no expert, but i've realized it's an important consideration to make from the very beginning. And even if it's not for legalities, you don't want potential thieves and/or armed robbers knowing about your home op (should such a thing exist).

Hopefully a stealth guru will chime in soon.

Meanwhile: to the googlemobile! (aka get to researching)

5. This is an annual event in Kentucky, they will report huge numbers of plants seized, but will neglect to mention that much (if not most) of it is wild grown hemp.

Apparently, they miss most of it because it is available most any time!

Another waste of money in a state that has none.

6. #6 Galaxy420, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    those guys running around in the woods looking for mary wanie are suffering reefer madness! I think they just want to stand around when the bushes burn and get paid for it! where can I sign up!

Very good info here. I am just now getting involved in the politics of it all. The search continues! Luckily, I am not in rural KY so I am pretty unfazed by this. But it infuriates me that others have to worry. I am writing a letter to my senator. The people at Marijuana Policy Project have a complete outline on things to address. You can even send your letter to them for revision, pretty great.

Yes, this exactly! I am so annoyed that taxpayer dollars are going to this unnecessary and wasteful endeavor.

Half of them smoke is what kills me! 

Well.

Was it Kentucky or Tennessee who just were given the go ahead for a load of hemp seeds, but then the DEA deigned to seize them anyway?

9. It was Kentucky.

10. I keep wishing for further reform here in KY, and I keep thinking we're getting oh-so close to getting medical, and/or actually growing the industrial hemp that's been legalized in the state, and then I keep seeing stories like this full of the same shit, different year.

I'd bet any amount of money that this 'sweep' will be absolutely nowhere near as dramatic, or thorough, as it's made to sound though. Supply usually stays pretty steady :smoke: