Ky Senate Proposes Medical Marijuana Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ganjahoarder, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Kentucky State Senator Perry Clark hsa submitted Senate Bill 129. The Gatewood Galbraith Memorial Medical Marijuana Bill.

According tp the Kentucky Legislative website the bill reads as follows:

AN ACT relating to medical marijuana.

Amend and create various statutes in KRS Chapter 218A to make marijuana a schedule II drug with the limitation that a person for whom the drug has been prescribed may not possess more than five grams per month of the drug or have under cultivation more than five marijuana plants; create a new section of KRS Chapter 315 to require the Board of Pharmacy to establish a certification program for pharmacies seeking to dispense marijuana; designate this Act as the Gatewood Galbraith Memorial Medical Marijuana Act.

Since the average medical marijuana user uses between 3/4 to 1.25 ounces a week, either the 5 grams are a misprint or the bill will have to be amended.

At least now Kentucky's sick and disabled have a Bill to hang their hats on and it couldn't be better named.

2. That's fucking bullshit.

3. [quote name='"An Ita"']That's fucking bullshit.[/quote]

It was a typo. In the bill it says 5 ounces.

4. In all honestly, the southern states will be he last to pass anything to do with marijuana..

5. But I live right by KY! This is good news :).

6. I live in KY and it doesn't seem to be getting much talk. I mean, it is, but only among a small handful of people =\. I don't know though, a part of me think it's being played hush hush to make it easier to pass, because KY is well aware of how much money can be made off of this, and we're a prime spot to do it.

I think this bill is just about making some money, but hey we'll get medical mj out of it, so I'm down.

7. Id be more than happy to give them money for weed lol. Especially if they won't arrest me for it!

Maybe one day we'll randomly hear, "btw there's medical now"

Me ------> :D

8. Weed is the only thing keeping eastern KY alive right now and well unfortunately Oxycontin mills. But this is does have a legitamate chance of getting passed i beleive. I mean its already kinda one of most liberal on amounts you can have( up to 8 oz is max of 45 days or i think fine) evry1 I know just gets probation or community service. But this needs some support i think, haven't heard about it from any1 or on news.