Ky Medicinal HB-166

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Vx Wolverine xV, Jan 11, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. 12 plants(flowered) maximum and 12 seedlings maximum/ 90 day supply of daily prescription :) Ive been reading through the bill and it looks to damn good to be true... Time will tell! Excited for my home state of KY!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Where can
    Where can I find the bill ? I'd love to read thru it.

3. ive been reading it all day. post if you find anything thats need to know or hidden in the fine print

4. A qualifying patient shall not possess more than:
    (a) A ninety (90) day supply of his or her daily supply of medical cannabis at his or her residence;
    (b) A ten (10) day supply of his or her ninety (90) day supply on his or her person, except that greater than a ten (10) day supply of a ninety (90) day supply, including up to a ninety (90) day supply, may be transported from a compassion center to a qualifying patient's home by the patient or caregiver if the supply is sealed by the compassion center and requires at least a two (2) step process to open;
    (c) Twelve (12) mature cannabis plants and twelve (12) seedlings cultivated in an enclosed, locked facility.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Since you've already studied the bill, what will be the qualifying conditions for a medical card and is there a caregiver provision?

I think it's an "about time" move. I tell you what, IMO every bit of credit due to getting this moved forward is due to Michelle and Eric Crawford. They've been after this bill for years.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #8 Vx Wolverine xV, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Here is a copy paste of what qualifies you, caregiver stipulations, and what disqualifies you. I edited to clean up the pg numbers and to make it easier to read on the forum. Nothing was added by me.

UNOFFICIAL EDITED COPY

"Debilitating medical condition" means:
    (a) A terminal illness, peripheral neuropathy, anorexia, cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, mood disorders, Alzheimer's disease, lupus, muscular dystrophy, post-traumatic stress disorder, diabetes, sleep-wake disorders, fibromyalgia, autism, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, Parkinson's disease, traumatic brain injury, Tourette syndrome, movement disorder, porphyria, neurodevelopmental disorders, feeding and eating disorders, cognitive disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, or the treatment of these conditions;
    (b) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one (1) or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe, debilitating pain; severe nausea; seizures; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis; or (c) Any other medical condition or its treatment added by the department, as provided for in Section 8 of this Act;

"Designated caregiver" means a person who:
    (a) Is at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
    (b) Has agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of cannabis;
    (c) Has not been convicted of a disqualifying felony offense;
    (d) Assists no more than three (3) qualifying patients with their medical use of cannabis; and
    (e) Has been registered through the department;

"Disqualifying felony offense" means:
    (a) A felony offense that would qualify the person as a violent offender under KRS 439.3401; or
    (b) A violation of a state or federal controlled substance law that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted, except:
    1. An offense for which the sentence, including any term of probation, incarceration, or supervised release, was completed five (5) or more years earlier; or
    2. An offense that consisted of conduct for which Sections 1 to 29 of this Act would likely have prevented a conviction, but the conduct either occurred prior to the enactment of Sections 1 to 29 of this Act or was prosecuted by an authority other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky;

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice loophole..90 day supply..for some 1 ounce..others 4 ounces or more.;)
    Ours is funny too..2.5 ounces of dried flower and 14 GRAMS of concentrates..(WTF..who gets a 2.5 ounce yield from 12 plants..LOL)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Keep those phones in Frankfort ringing guys. I hope this thing passes as is. My dad is dying from liver cancer and could really benefit from this .

• Like Like x 2
  9. Im really sorry to hear that. Both times that i got through they hung up on me as soon as i mentioned why i was calling lol

10. Screw em..hit em with a bunch of emails..;)
    zztop (2).gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. We can only hope that the reason for this is that they're getting so many calls on it that they get the picture ... We can hope right ?

12. Hope ok with legislators..A BRICK is better;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. There are others that i have seen saying the same thing is happening when they call. So they are probably flooded with calls beings that this was filed yesterday.

14. Hire these guys to serenade the Bas***** 24x..they will pass it faster than you think..LOL
    zztop.gif

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol those knees!

16. HahHah..I used to love those guys..
    zztop4.gif

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reminds me of my family reunions when i was a child. Lol we have a bluegrass band in the family. Im not a fan of bluegrass music, but they can pluck a banjo!