Kuura's Art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by kuuura, Aug 2, 2011.

1. This one is fucking amazing man! I may have to buy a print soon

2. That one is actually really huge irl. Its 3x3feet :OOOO

[​IMG]

3. Very nice :) How's the 4x6 coming along?

4. taking a while. there are so many little details, and I'm running out of paint/funds for paint. ughh

5. +rep epic pic good work thanks for sharing

6. Art like this always has bothered me.. I write and use to draw DBZ characters when it was in >.< (why did I share that piece of information) - but anyway, as a writer I'm looking for the stories the art is trying to tell. This may be coming at this artwork the wrong way and if it is, please let me know... but I can't find the story in some of these pieces, and the trippy factor of them just is screwing around with me more than anything else haa.

7. I'm not an illustrator. Try thinking about what the symbols mean, and the style, or any choice of artistic element. I think you are asking for a narrative, which is illustration. The point is honestly not to have a narrative. Its to have several dialogs about several different topics, all intertwined, and all relating to being who I am.
    :p sorry if that doesn't make sense.

8. it does slighty

9. Its really just fine art vs. illustration. The two are separated by a concrete narrative and by the way the subject matter is handled. I skirt the line, but I'm not out to render an obvious story.

Sometimes illustration can be fine art, but fine art can never be illustration.

10. doodle just for fun.

my attempt to illustrate how life fucks people in the ass, even when they are nice and give people cake.

[​IMG]

11. Aww, thank you guys. You are so, so, so, so sweet. :)
    Thank you. :)

12. #58 Skaytful, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
    Maaan your art is so sick... do you do paint over pen or the other way round?

oh and what mediums so you use and congtats for gettin in JUXTAPOZ :}}}}

13. Great work man! I would love to watch a time lapse completion of one of your more complicated pieces.

14. I just draw it all freehand with pen and do colors after. Or do colors and do freehand over. Its usually just a 2 hour process.

Thanks man! :)
    I use a lot. gel pens, acrylics, spray paint, bic pens, micron pens, colored pencils, pastels, gouache. pretty much anything. markers even.