KushyBushy's Kushy Bush grow :)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kushybushy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. #1 kushybushy, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    Here we go. Got 210 watts of 6500k on ONE bag seed. I only had one so I'm gambling if its a male or female lol. 3 internal pc fans and one exhaust fan. I will be adding a pencil holder carbon filter once i get some ducting hose. OR i may just duct tape it on. But yeh. Tryin' to get this grow harvested by spring break in mid-march but that puts me on a small schedule and it is my first as well. Wish me luck and any tips/ advice is greatly appreciated.

Built the growbox from scratch. total spent including 2x 105w 6500k and 2x 105w 2700k was ~$200. Could still use another latch or weather stripping to get the door more light proof. But its in my closet so nbd.

Pics were big so I didnt put them in the thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=143938&title=dsc-000330&cat=502

2. lookin good. subbed.

I love the thread title :D

3. haha thank you. It just came to me.

I am concerned about temps however. These bulbs are very warm. We'll see. I am also concerned that my clothes can smell like bud. but with the carbon filter, it prob shouldn't be an issue

4. veg plants don't usualy smell though a filter...but yeh later in flowering they start to stink alot more...especially when they get moved around or anything during watering..

Got a thermometer yet? You need to try to keep it around 78 degrees or so...it can get a little hotter if you have good airflow. Your plants will let you know if they're too hot, you'll start to see the teeth on the leaves start to turn up wards..then after that the leaf will begin to fold in on itself like a canoe.

5. Lookin good!

I'm not sure where u live, but if heat is an issue in January, u should probably solve the problem ASAP. Make sure u have an exhaust/filter, and a small (oscillating optimal) fan to keep the air moving. It's really important to have these issues solved before flowering is too far, causing low yields.

I used a carbon filter on my 3x2x4 grow box and it worked really well. Was about 140 at local grow shop including fan speed controller, which is a must (less energy/noise), and a timer. U want that co2 soaking in at "night". (Obviously u could go the DIY route, up to u)

GOOD LUCK!

6. It just seemed warm but its actually a win win because i just leave my closet door open a bit and it warms up my room at night lol i'd say the inside is~80 but ill get a thermometer soon enough. Right now there are 3 pc fans on the inside and that seem to be pushing the hot air away from the pot so i think im good on that.

I'm going to lst as well for max gains

7. #7 kushybushy, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    update: 1 1/2 days old from seed. No sprouting yet. soil looked/felt a little dry so i lightly watered and opened the door for more circulation. When should i expect some sprouting through? if its not a dud of course lol

edit: dug down to the seed, it was 1) a bit too deep and 2) started showing a bit of white taproot, so I replanted closer to the top and made sure soil was moist. This eases my thoughts of it being a dud but we'll see if it sprouts in a day or two

8. the seed has germinated and exposed taproot but i think it is not humid/warm enough so i turned off the fans. we'll see in the morning.

9. Patience.....

10. just found/ planted another seed. figured i had room and could always use a second chance for a female

11. #11 kushybushy, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    drumroll please... Ahem... I an pleased to announce that we have a sprout! Hooray!

camera makes it look worse because of longer exposure time but its decently light proof. just need to weather strip the door or something.
    I am excited to see what it will look like in a few hours! I am just happy I didn't kill it yet lol. :p

heres link http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=597217

12. awesome opossum. :hello:

13. the soil is drying out pretty quickly with the added bulbs. might just use them every other day so i don't have to water as much. or add another fan in there

14. so i guess i forgot to check the mail on saturday because my seeds came! lol i got auto Northern lights blue fem and orka fem. I already have 2 sprouted bagseeds but not sure if they are fems. I want to harvest by march 10th since i will be gone for a week on spring break. that only gives me ~40 days lolol what should i do? try to grow one of the femmed seeds or take a chance on these bagseeds?