Kushqt's First Grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kushqt, May 6, 2011.

1. Kush Im happy you found out what was wrong, and you fixed it. Fingers crossed.

2. Ya they look great now. I fed them full strength nutes and a gallon+ of water each and after about 9 hours all of the leaves are picked up and full looking. Whew that was a close one. I also picked up the pots when they were full of water and I've realized I have been under-watering the plants ever since I got them.

3. After I got the ph up, I raised my ph from 5.1 after nutes to 6.1 ph. The ph for soil should be like 6.1-6.4 right?

4. Yes, and if you get any water on the leaves that has nutes in it it will cause some brown spots. You should be watering with 6.5-6.9 water and getting 6.0-6.3 run off. Water till there's 30% run off (doesn't have to be precise)

Give them nutes every other watering

5. The ph of my r.o water is 7.3ish. So when I use plain r.o water should I adjust the ph to 6.5-6.9 or 6.1-6.4?

6. Adjust the pH to 6.8 exactly if you can.

7. Alright I'll start doing that.

8. PH meter isn't calibrating. Won't stick on a number for me to calibrate it to 7.0 >.< Looking around for another one to buy...Got heat under control for now. Plants are all looking healthy. pics soon.

9. I'd buy some of this just in case. The set that includes pH up and down is 17.50 but if you just need the testing solution it's only 7.50. It's not precise down to the .1 because you have to do it by eye but just in case it's always good to have around

HTG Supply - General Hydroponics pH Control Kit

10. @ToolMan: I went to my local grow store and they helped me calibrate it. I also figured a out a use for my moisture/ph/light meter which is a good estimate for ph.

I also found a lot of white dots on the new growth of my plants in flowering. I used my magnifying glass and found some white aphid things. I sprayed with SNS217 (I will mist with water later) and I also hung up a few yellow sticky traps around the room. I also sprayed the soil with the rosemary oil spray. It's all organic and safe.

The flowering plants are about 2 weeks in. I should be able to get the rosemary oil residue off if there is any.

How long do you guys think will it take to get rid of the aphids? Anything else I can do?

P.S: Can't take pics atm. Hopefully soon I will be able to.

11. I'm looking to order some right now. Found one site but it was 25$ for shipping and 8 dollars for the bugs. Going to call some nurseries to see if they have them.

Thanks for the suggestion Spacekadet.

Kush

12. Yea no doubt, good luck:hello:

13. Today in the veg room I cut 3/4 of the leaf bud off at the top of one of the White Berry plants so it will grow two or more buds. I also pinched some spots on the branches to try and super crop it. These were topping technique I read about in "Ed Rosenthals Grow Bible." I also topped one of the No Name plants at the last branch point so it grows two buds.

14. cant you uses NEEM oil to remove the spider-mites?

15. I don't have spider mites I have larvae from gnats I believe. When I took dead leaves off I used to let them lay in the pot and I believe some gnats layed larvae after eating dead leaves. The larvae then crawled up and are eating my plants, stunting their growth and wilting the leaves, getting Liquid Ladybug tomorrow.

Can't take pics right now :(

Kush :smoke:

16. Sprayed Mighty Wash on all of my plants today. Trying to get rid of this gnat/larvae problem. All the other plants are growing quickly and are looking healthy.

Kush :smoke:

17. Alright so I have got the watering thing down pat now. Basically I'm just watering until it comes out the bottom and then letting it dry out until its completely dry throughout (should I be watering more?).

I spotted some nute burn in the veg room on the WhiteBerry plants so I'm backing down to 1/4 strength.

Spotted more fungus gnat larvae in the veg room so I sprayed with neem oil and left light off for about 3 hours. Keeping NoPest Strips in each room.

Here are some new pics!! :smoke:

Attached Files:

18. The picture in the top right is of a White Berry plant that was fimmed last week.

There are some pictures of the White Widow's with the pistil clusters on them. They have been in 12/12 for a month. Do they look terrilble?

Also notice the bug bites on the bottom picture. fungus gnat larvae >.<

Kush

19. Doesnt sound like fungus gnats to me, fungus gnats will be mainly in your soil, they do not eat your plant , they live in the soil, and the larva and maggots feed on your root hairs, eventually stunting your plants.

The adults will fly around, especially during watering, or if you disturb the soil. They will also get stuck in your buds during flower.

Do more research on bugs, what kind of damage are they doing?

Sounds like you got it now, I have read your whole thread, and you were not watering well, your description sounds better.

Make sure your not letting them dry to the point of wilting , and your runoff sounds good, 10-20% water run-off is fine.

My favorite method is the "lift" method, when the plants are totally saturated with water, lift the pots and get a feel for how heavy they are , do the same when they are bone dry , you should get a feel for EXACTLY how much water your pots have got at any given time.

Neem oil can control just about any insects , and no pest strips are nice to, that should take care of your pest problems, but you really need to correctly identify what your treating for.

They dont look to good unfortunately , but it sounds like your starting to figure it out, I will take a second look at the pics to try and see the bug damage.

What is your water/feeding schedule been? do you test your PPM , or how do you measure your feeding strength?

Edit: Dont see any bug damage in the pics..