Kushberry and Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by pitbull420, Jun 12, 2011.

1. I got bored so I thought I'd share acouple pics of my Kushberry and T-Dream girls..The first two pics are of the KB at 50 days into flower and the last two are the TD 45 days in.. The Kb has been an awesome plant to grow very vigorous growth and takes nutes like a champ but she does tend to stretch a bit more than I expected during flowering.. She's not a heavy yielder (atleast not the pheno I got) but she does produce rock hard nuggs completely cover with trichomes.. I tried a bottom bud off this girl at 6 week and not only was she strong but the taste was fucken amazing!!! Sweet but not over powering!! I can't wait to try her after a 1 month cure.. The T-Dream is a lil more of a pain in the ass but I think she'll be worth it in the end.. She has alot slower growth rate then I'm used to and is very touchy when it comes to nutes.. It took her 17 days from the 12/12 switch to show sex.. During the first couple weeks there was very little growth but she's now 45 days in and finally starting to put on weight :hello:.. Let me know what you think GC...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Amazing grow man! I can't wait to see if my plants will ever get that nice looking.. Imma hopin' :D

3. Thanks bro...

4. Lookin good, I have some KB in day 48 right now and that shit is COVERED in sugar. Can't wait to chop, have you sampled a piece yet?

5. Yeah it looks and smells so good I had to try it out!!! U got any pics of your girl??

6. I'll post pics at the finish for sure. Been puffing on it for a couple days and it's really nice 49 days in. I'm gonna give her about 10-11 more days since she just fed for the last time tonight (flushing in 5 days).

She definitely needs supports or the tops just falls over and trample everything in the tent. Grows like a beast & sucks up nutes like a champ.....I love this strain already regardless of yield which looks like it will be decent....maybe I got lucky with a sweet pheno?

Your plants look like they have the potential to really plump up closing in on the finish...keep us posted!

7. Niceee! i got a purple kush grow going just about to finish, gonna start a TDream soon

8. I have to say KB is the best tasting strain I've grown so far.. Although Bubblicious and BlackJack are not far behind.. In the end I think my KB will only yeild 2 maybe 2.5oz's.. The only other thing I didn't really care for about the KB pheno I have is the extreme stretch during flowering.. Which wouldn't have bothered me if it didn't caused extreme distance between nodes.. I flowered her directly under a 600 watt HPS lamp (I keep lamp no further then 8" from topps) using GH nute cal-mag and liquid koolbloom.. Topped her 3 times and used the scrog method.. I do have to say the pros definitely out weigh the cons for this strain.. Post up the pics when you take them.. I'd love to see what you got from from girl..

I think I'm gonna wait till harvest to make up my mind on the T-Dream but as of right now I'm really not that big of a fan.. I have 1 girl 7 weeks into flower and 10 clones about 3 weeks old.. The biggest problems I have with the T-Dream is the fact that it grows so damn slow and can't take nute for shit!! If the smoke isn't top notch I think I'm gonna have to kick her ass out the garden for good lol.. Post some pics of that Purple Kush...

9. Here's a couple updated pics of my T-Dream at 8 weeks today.. Started the two week flush monday so almost time to harvest.. She's really put on weight this last week but really don't know why they named it Tangerine Dream.. I cut a couple bottom buds let them dry slow and honestly they smell more like a cucumber then a Tangerine(no joke).. I'm still gonna let them cure a bit before I test the smoke but really nothing special so far.. I do have to say the TD does produce some really dense nuggs for a sativa dominate strain.. I took 2 bottom buds and got 7 grams dry so I figure I should pull around 2.5 to 3 oz total.. I only pulled 1 and 3/4oz's off the Kb but the smell, taste and smoke are the best I've ever had...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. What kind of Nutes/Lighting are you using?

11. I'm using Gh nutes and flowering them under a 600 watt hps lamp with a Quantum series ballast..

12. Do you have any finished shot of the KB after trim? You pulled 1.75 oz off of one KB plant right?

13. Naw I forgot to take harvest pics but here's some KB and Bubblicious buds.. The KB's on the right and the Bubblicious is on the left.. I got a lil over 2oz's off the Bubblicious (my second favorite smoke).. I got three more Kb clones going now.. There 3 weeks into flower and alreadya lil over 3ft tall.. I decided to run one in hydro (DWC) next to two in soil using the same nutes just to see the difference it would make.. Well so far the only difference I see is in veg.. The hydro girl grow much faster but once I flowered them the soil girl I started at the same time not only caught up but past her in hieght and overall growth.. Which suprised the hell out of me..

[​IMG]

KB hydro vs soil 3 weeks into flower... Picture kinda sucks but u can see the hydro in front is easily 2 inches shorter then the soil girl in back.. This strain really loves to stretch in flower!!!!
    [​IMG]

14. Great stuff man. No doubt the KB loves to stretch.... how long did you veg them before flipping to 12/12?

15. About 4 weeks give or take..

16. I might take them about 2.5 weeks this next time around since the stretch is so robust. Might even try just 2 weeks.

17. I hear u on that one.. Kinda hard to keep an even canopy with these monsters lol... The problem I'm having now is I have multiple strains flowering and the KB is atleast 6" taller than my other strain I got in with her..

18. You ever try pinching her on the tops so they bend over to keep the canopy even? Worked well for me with this past run.

19. Thanks, we have some TD going about a month behind you using same light and ballast but Botanicare nutes. Sounds like you're not too crazy about the strain, where are you at with it now? Your KB sounds delish too!

20. I hear u on that one.. Kinda hard to keep an even canopy with these monsters lol... The problem I'm having now is I have multiple strains flowering and the KB is atleast 6" taller than my other strain I got in with her..