Kushage, Mexican Sativa, Medicine Man Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheMentor, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Plants:
    Kushage feminised(TH Seeds)
    Medicine Man (Mr Nice)
    Mexican Sativa (Sensi)

System:
    2 bubble buckets (Mexican Sativa and Medicine Man)
    1 pot. Organic soil, worm castings (Kushage)

~300 watts of CFL bulbs. Mix between blue and red. Will be almost all red during flowering.

I have never tried hydroponics before but I am excited for this grow. My whole set up is ghetto but I am on a budget and it works. As of now I plan on vegging for at least 40 days. I have enough room for some larger plants on this grow, so I plan to use it. I'll probably pull a few clones off of each once they flower. If I get males then I will isolate them and harvest their pollen for seed production.

My camera is currently broke, so until I get it figured out you will have to do without pictures.

As of now the Kushage is 9 days old and growing fast and healthy. Transplanted to a large pot and is quite happy. Germinating with some worm castings worked great. The plants really like it. The Mexican Sativa is 7 days old and very small at the moment. It is developing pretty slowly but still is doing well. Medicine Man is yet to be planted. Need to buy some more clay balls (can't remember how to spell it) before I can plant it.

Off to fix my camera and smoke :smoke:

2. Here are some pics. First is of my ghetto light rig that works quite well. Second is of the Kushage plant in dirt. Third is Mexican Sativa in rockwool. Last is Kushage up close.

The mexican Sativa is taking a bit to get going but looks healthy. The Kushage is taking off light crazy. Medicine Man to be planted soon.

Attached Files:

3. Good and bad news.

Bad news first. The Mexican Sativa (one in rockwool) has not been growing at all really and I figured out why: root rot. I'm not really sure how it happened to early, but I finally cut open the rockwool to look at the roots and there was only one little stub of a brown root. I took it out of the rockwool and buried it up to the first leaves hoping for a miracle. The plant looks ok so I am hoping the stem will pop out some new roots.

Good news. The Kushage is growing fast and looks pretty healthy. She is already on her 5th node and not stoppin' for no one. Her leaves are seeming to curl a little, but it isn't really effecting the growth.

First pic is Kushage, second is a closeup of her leaves and last is a pic of the Mexican Sativa in her new dirt pellet. BTW, the Kushage is only 2 days older than the Sativa.

Attached Files: