Kushage hempy bucket grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mindismoving, Nov 25, 2012.

1. #1 mindismoving, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    these are a few pics from my last grow, they were never really intended to be a journal but i'm about to start a legit one in the organic section and wanted to make sure i can upload pics properly, had some uhh.. issues with it in the past :eek:. i'm very lucky to have a close friend who is an amazing photographer, so all my pics are pretty high quality. same quality should be expected from my upcoming grow journal for Dinafem's Blue Widow :). if you'd like to follow that one, which i'll be starting in a day or two, just hit me up on here and i can let ya know when it's going down. in the meantime, enjoy!

Strain: Kushage, by THseeds (S.A.G.E. x OG kush)

method: 2.5 gallon hempy bucket, topping/LST

nutrients: General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom, using the Lucas formula

light: 400 watt Quantum digital ballast, Digilux metal halide bulb

Grow report: vigorous veg growth, *extremely* easy to train. i barely even needed to tie the branches down, they were extremely flexible despite being thick, healthy stems, which easily adapted to growing more horizontally. this strain is Sativa-dominant, which is apparent in the thinner leaf shape but the growth habit is overall that of an Indica. with so much Sativa in her genetics i expected i good healthy stretch once i began flowering, but she didn't even quite double in height, mostly just packing on budding sites. as one might expect this helped to get me a more than respectable yield, about 230 grams total from a space that is 34" W x 22" D x 40" H. odor was present but manageable, using an "Elf" carbon filter with a 170 cfm extraction fan.

Smoke report: the smell and flavor were both on the mild side, certainly not absent but neither were they overwhelming. smell is piny and fruity, but it's really neither citrus or berries. very unique. flavor is similar, if i was forced to compare it to something i'd almost be tempted to say dr. pepper.. ? lol definitely something i've never had before. pine, some lemon, and the rest is hard to pin down, but every bit as pleasant as anything i've tasted before.

the buzz is easily the most impressive aspect of this strain. it is without a doubt a sativa high, uplifting, energetic, thoughtful and completely crystal clear mentally. very little if any increase in heart rate, no paranoia at all. put me in a great mood, would be the first strain i would recommend from experience for depression. it does have a respectable body aspect as well, but subtle, more of a dulling or numbing of unpleasantness, relaxes the muscles a good bit, but very few "body waves" or tingliness. it's worth noting, tho, that as a patient of Inflammatory Bowel Disease i seek out strains that help with pain and cramps, and surprisingly this strain was very helpful with pain management. didn't do much for my stomach, but very noticeably reduced all physical pain. if you're looking for a strain to help with chronic pain that won't bog you down and muddle your thoughts, this is one to seek out. great for outdoor activities, or even activities that require mental engagement, but also equally suited to hangin around just being high :smoking:

after harvesting, i revegged this plant and took a clone to keep as a mother. i got the original seed as a freebie from my last order, and that one seed turned out to be a clear winner, which to me says she has very strong genetics in general and you're probably quite likely to end up with impressive results if you grab one of these next time you're browsing the seed bank.

here are the pics:

Attached Files:

2. more pics:

Attached Files:

3. finished product:

Attached Files:

4. more bud pics, and.... fin. unless i can find the pics from just before harvest :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. holy hell man nice job :hello::hello:

6. thanks dude! i'll be posting a link here to my next journal that will actually be a journal lol. updates in real time and whatnot :). got a blue widow that's been vegging for about 5 weeks, so she's already pretty big, i figure flowering is the most interesting part of a grow journal anyway haha. using all organic nutes.. should be interesting. check it out if ya get a chance :wave:

7. #7 mindismoving, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    finally got the blue widow journal started! anyone who's interested, it's a journal for just the flowering stage, using general organics bottled nutrients. here's the link: http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-...blue-widow-general-organics.html#post16468512

also, here are some choice pics of my last grow, seeing what happens when i do several plants in small containers, instead of one plant in an average container. the results were admirable, but i won't be changing from my one-plant-at-a-time scheme again, too much to keep track of!

these pics are all of Violator Kush, easily the best plant from this grow. grew this girl from bag seed!

Attached Files: